• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will the Horrific Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami Affect the Release of Skywardsword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

parallellink

hope it doesn't,
but it really depends on how far inland the tsunami got (or has got, has it stopped yet?) and also how extensive the earthquake damage was
on nintendo hq,
plus theres also the problem with the nuclear power plant.
Although, if any country can deal with this it's Japan

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Skyward Sword should be the last thing on our minds! We should be worried for the people of Japan and the potential nuclear disasters that could occur!

Thousands are dying, and millions are homeless! No aid can get in yet, and the Nuclear Plants can't cool down! People are desperatley trying to evacuate and help people who are suffering under this, fearing for their lives and their families!

But to answer your question, Of course it will! No-one cares about release dates when your country could be potentially wiped out! And if there's a nuclear disaster close to Nintendo HQ, you can say goodbye to Zelda altogether!

L

leviwar

yeah have you guys seen the massive whirl pool? its scary stuff

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I'm sorry but SS is my last concern right now! I understand that anime, manga or game industries might be shut down...but think about the people who are dying here. Over 1000 people died so at the moment I don't actually care that much about SS. I understand it might be annoying but people are dying.

I agree with Meego7 and arkvoodle. Skyward Sword should be the last of our concerns at this point. I'd rather the game be cancelled than a nuclear power plant go critical. Think of all the people who lost their lives, homes, and loved ones!

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Really? You guys are worried about a video game when there's tons of dead and missing? That may not be the last thing on my mind, but that's not what I thought about first! And not one of the first things I thought of! Industry might be brought down, yes, but people's lives are much more precious then a video game!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Who the hell cares about SS in comparison to people's lives? There is no comparison! The safety of the people takes priority! I don't mind waiting another few months or even a year if it means people can be saved or helped from their suffering. I can be a little selfish sometimes, but not that selfish.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Mmm. On the news they say there are 1000 people dead or missing. So this thread now remains pointless. If you want to discuss the Japanese Earthquakes and Tsunami then discuss it on the other thread. I think we've established this thread now has no purpose as lifes are at stake and Nintendo apparently remains fine if you really are that concerned.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
We appreciate the concern shown in the aftermath of the recent disaster in Japan. We can confirm that at this time it appears that no one from Nintendo in Japan was injured and there was no apparent structural damage to our company headquarters in Kyoto. Business operations, including future product shipments, have not been affected. Our thoughts and best wishes are with everyone who has friends and family members who may have been affected by the earthquake or tsunami.
Thankfully Nintendo remains uharmed and on schedule. Since the question has been answered, and given the seriousness of the disaster, this thread will now be closed and further discussion should be carried out in the thread in the Mature Discussion section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom