• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will Splatoon go the distance?

I'm excited for Splatoon, as are a lot of others and previews in magazines and on websites have sung nothing but praises for the game.

Its obvious Nintendo have their eyes on the huge market that is competitive online play (probably why Spaltoon is a shooter in the first place). Splatoon will have Amiibo support, online support, obvious future DLC and there will even be hardware bundles with the game and WiiU, Nintendo are wanting Splatoon to shift hardware...

But will it? Will Nintendo doing a shooter be enough for those with CoD on PS4 and Xbone to be interested in the WiiU?

Furthermore, will Splatoon go on to become a formidable IP for Nintendo? Will we see Splatoon 2 and 3? Splatoon NX and 3DS?
Will the Inklings appear in future Smash Bros and Mario Kart games? Will there be spin-offs?

In short, do you think Splatoon will go the distance for Nintendo? Will it endure like Mario Kart and Mario Party? Will it be another IP to look forward to with each future console?

Or will it be a once or twice only?
Are you expecting it to be a dud?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't think it'll go the distance, no. I imagine it'll achieve some amount of success on the Wii U, it's not really fighting against many other multiplayer shooters on that platform, but I don't think it's going to be setting the world on fire nor will it really enter Nintendo's repertoire unless it achieves some considerable success. I'd love to be proven wrong of course, it looks like a fantastic game, but it just looks very niche on an under-performing console so I'm not expecting mind-blowing things. Can't wait to play it, all the same, I want more games like this from everybody, and it's especially nice to see Nintendo come up with something this fresh and new.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
what i see happening is that people will praise it upon release,but soon after the hype dies they'll start to think "you know...this game isn't as good as i thought it would be"
i just can't help but feel that in quality,it'll be on par w/ star fox assault (as much as i liked the game,they definitely could have done better]
hopefully i'm wrong and it does excellent,but i guess we'll see

wingedarcher7

Kono Link da!
It looks like the kind of game that will be fun at first and die down pretty quickly, as much as I hate to say it. I'm looking forward to what it has to offer and I'd love it if it ends up bringing something fresh and lasting to the table, but I don't think it's going to end up carrying Nintendo as far as they want it to. Although I really hope I'm wrong about this.

I think it's going to be a very niche game. Simply because most of the content in online multiplayer. There is very little single player content in this game so far. From what I've read/seen of the game I would not recommend it if you want to play it mostly single player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom