• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Wii U Zelda Tech Demo Graphics

Am I the only one who didn't like it? I mean, Its really good, but I feel like cel shading graphics fits Zelda so much better.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Yes, you are indeed the only one. Now go and bring me my coffee before we get medieval on your behind. :P Just kidding.

I can see someone liking any of the the cel-shading employing art styles over it. Since everyone's idea of what Zelda should be or look like changes a lot from one person to the other, and that leads to weird arguments sometimes...

That said, it's just a tech demo. Not really a reflection of what the ending product is supposed to look like.

I loved the graphics. I personally lean more towards realistic graphics. I've never really liked graphics like they had in WW. One of the main reasons TP is my favourite Zelda game :P

That said, it's just a tech demo. Not really a reflection of what the ending product is supposed to look like.
Correct ^
Nintendo is more than likely to change it, would be sad :( I like the graphics.
I think that realistic graphics would fit in PERFECTLY with HD. :D

One cool thing about Zelda is how the incoorporate different graphic styles into each game they make. Even me, being completley biased to cell shaded graphics, recognizes this.

Like others have said it was a WiiU tech demo to get people psyched for not only Nintendo's leap into the HD universe but also to get people thinking about how the next Zelda will look. Personally I'll always like the cell shaded type stuff a lot more then the realistic stuff. I feel, though, that the next Zelda we'll see on the WiiU will be more realistic like Twilight Princess. One because first there was WW, cell shaded, then there was TP, realistic, then SS which leans more towards cell shaded then realistic. See a pattern? It's time for realistic Zelda to shine in the light once again.

I think realistic graphics just suits HD better anyways. Alsom the rest of the companys shine in realistc graphics such as Skyrim and Uncharted 3, and I think Nintendo is conforming with the crowd a bit here too since they're considered the graphic underdogs of the gaming world and they want to prove others wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom