• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii U $50 Deposit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I was talking with my friend about possibily pre-ordering the Wii U, and he mentioned that when he went to pre-order it, he had to place a $50 deposit with it. This got me thinking; is this $50 deposit extra with the final price of 349.99 when he goes to actually buy it on launch day, or is it spilt from the actual price, meaning on launch day you only need 299.99 for the deluxe set, because of the 50 dolla deposit?

If anybody knows the answer to this, it would be great. I really don't want to pay 50 dollars extra when i could just wait a couple of weeks until its available again.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If you put $50 down for your pre-order, then you will only have to pay $300 for the rest (not including tax of course). This is if you're going with a trusted source, and not buying online from some random dude. lol So essentially if you pre order something they want you to secure the buying of said product, so you put $50 down. If you're getting a $300 item, you will then pay off the rest of said item once it releases, you pick it up at the store, and bam! Successful pre-order!

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
Or you could pay it all off at once like I usually do when I preorder stuff. That way you can just walk in, get what you ordered and walk right back out satisfied. But yeah, Ventus answered your question.

A deposit is just that, a deposit on a higher priced item to ensure you will get it. They do this with expensive items for a number of reasons, most likely so they dont over purchase them and spend a butt load of money( not like they can't afford it anyways ). Anyhow, the money is taken from the grand total and you will pay the difference when you pick up the item. If you are thinking of pre ordering from Gamestop, which I assume you are because that is the only store offering it at the moment... If you are a rewards member, you can pre order it for 25$. Just thought I'd mention that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom