• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wii Motion Plus

I

ijones81

Who else is kinda bothered by the look of wii motion plus.
Personally am fine with it in the game but its just how its looking that bugs. Cuz i've noticed that every video I see of the game including ones filmed by nintendo that link looks like and idiot with the master sword stretched out in front of him. I know its something really stupid to complain about but to me link doesn't look natural and that the whole game is based off of motion controls i feel its stupid cuz moblins have there sword in a vertical or horizontal direction and you have to slice the other way. it just looks to easy, i think thats a complaint for a higher difficulty tho but let me know what you think

David

But you called me here...
The Wii motion plus will actually make the game HARDER. The way you slice depends on what happens. And for your information, that was a DEMO they hadn't completed the game then. It was to show what the game would feel like and the basic capabilities of the game. So don't get too stressed over what it actually will look like. And... the sword was mostly out streched because that's how people held the wii remote. Don't start complaining about how the game looks until the game is complete.

I don't mind the Wii Motion Plus at all. I have read lots of complaints about the difficulty level, and the whole outstretched sword thing. I think the concerns about the difficulty arose from combination of the art style (which some feel is too "childish"), and the low difficulty on the previous four games. I watched some videos of the demo, and the difficulty level looked fine. The Bokoblins, Deku Baba, and Stalfos both looked (slightly) more challenging then their Twilight Princess counterparts, and from what I saw that Scorpion (mini?) boss looked pretty difficult. Not Iron Knuckle/Darknut difficult, but still pretty challenging (that may just be how I saw it though). The Wii motion plus seems to add a bit of strategy into every battle in the game. As for the way link was holding his sword, that can probably be fixed by putting your arm in a different position.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
As a matter of fact is harder cause you must SEE your enemy and analize his tactis and attack to your benefit
in Tp you just run and swing your sword and they are dead

W

wherestheblanke

I think that motion plus will make you feel more in-tuned with the legend of zelda.

Plus nintendo has to put in something new to the game otherwise people will be bored with it... But either way, it is a must get

I think that motion plus will make you feel more in-tuned with the legend of zelda.

Plus nintendo has to put in something new to the game otherwise people will be bored with it... But either way, it is a must get

I

ijones81

my reply to all

Ok guys i was at E3 am really not complaining am just noting that link kinda looked stupid with his hands like that in front of him, but yes i played the game and am saying from playing it its just akward and i know the game isnt finished i understand and i know it makes it difficult and you have to judge where you strike and i dont know may be a being sentamental and missing having to smash the b button. Now one thing that does bug me is everyone says this revolutionizes the zelda series, to me its just another zelda, if it was to revolutionize the series it would have cg cuts scenes like in brawl, it would go to a more of an rpg type of game, and am not talking choices am talking rich story and leveling system and having your weapons used in more than just the dungeon you got them in.

But the controls are great i just wish they would have that they would have his arm stay in a half way spot so he doesnt look dorky.

Ok guys i was at E3 am really not complaining am just noting that link kinda looked stupid with his hands like that in front of him, but yes i played the game and am saying from playing it its just akward and i know the game isnt finished i understand and i know it makes it difficult and you have to judge where you strike and i dont know may be a being sentamental and missing having to smash the b button. Now one thing that does bug me is everyone says this revolutionizes the zelda series, to me its just another zelda, if it was to revolutionize the series it would have cg cuts scenes like in brawl, it would go to a more of an rpg type of game, and am not talking choices am talking rich story and leveling system and having your weapons used in more than just the dungeon you got them in.

But the controls are great i just wish they would have that they would have his arm stay in a half way spot so he doesnt look dorky.

M

Mystic Shade

If the sword handles the same way as it did in Wii Sports Resort I'm all for it. It will help to immerse the player into the game world a little bit more and could be used for new puzzles that would of been impossible without it. It would also make battles less repetative as you would actually need to scan the enemy for movements in there attack pattern, rather than just mash the B button.

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
I'm all for the MotionPlus controls. Even if they are a little glitchy now, Nintendo has plenty of time to refine it before release.

Personally, I can't wait to try it out for myself.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I love it ! It will actually feel that you are the one playing the game. Like you are actually Link by making theese movements. And it does look pretty difficult with the differnt angles of sliceing you enemy.

M

MegaLink

I liked the Wii Motion Plus in other games, and I think it'll add something better. I think it makes it more realistic and accurate. I can't wait to see what it'll make the game like.

I've always wanted to have a Zelda game where you swing the remote and Link will do the same thing with his sword. Too be honest I was a bit skeptical of WMP myself, but after seeing the E3 demo, I think WMP is a great addition to this game and wouldn't be the same without it.

David

But you called me here...

First off, the weapons ARE used in more places than just the dungeon that you got them in. And they already tried a leveling system for Zelda and it just didn't feel right for the series.
If you're complaining about how Zelda isn't like one of those rpgs that have "rich story" and a "leveling system" and no "cg cut screens like in brawl" then maybe you should try playing a different game. Many of us Zelda fans really like Zelda the way it is. That's what got us hooked on the series. Plus, most of us don't really want a leveling system. I agree that it would be interesting and more challenging, but I don't feel its necessary. And sure, cg cut screens would be nice, but Zelda has some of those too. Maybe they aren't as nice as brawl, but they work for what is necessary. And the Wii Motion Plus will and does make it a different Zelda, it makes the fan, in essence, Link himself. And why do you care about where his arm is? It looks fine to me and the game still isn't complete. I can imagine that they will at least make his arm look better than it did at e3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom