• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Wierd Drill Thing; I Wanna Know What It Is!

Scrub

Scrubbiest of scrubs
In Ocarina of Time 3d, in the windmill, there is a shelf with a drill thing on it. I recognized it as something to do with well-making or water vein finding or something, but i would like to know exactly what it is. If any of you know what it is, please comment and tell me. i have a bad picture for those of you who don't have OoT 3d...
windmill drill thingamabob.jpg

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Interesting find!

Yes it's a bad picture, but that's just because it's hard to take a good 3DS picture. If I'm seeing this correctly, it has a handle extended. It looks like an OoT version of a hand drill to me.
Would be a nice little tidbit to explain how the windmill is connected to the well if this were the case.

Yeah, it looks like a hand (crank) drill. We have those in real-life; it's a pretty common tool for carpenters (in Kakariko?) who like to keep it simple.

hand_brace_2.jpg

The handle part is called a (hand) brace. That's where the carpenter holds and grips the handle. They use this part as a crank.

220px-Bit_and_brace.JPG

The drill would be used something like this:
220px-PalmercarpenterA.jpg
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess one could say the hand brace and drill in the image you've provided differ from their real-world counterparts in some ways, as you can clearly see the drill attachment itself is huge, and the hand grip almost appears impractical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom