• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Why Was Everyone else So Bothered by This?

The moon in Majora's Mask never bothered me one bit, why is everyone else so scared of it? I barely even saw it because it's up in the sky. Were you constantly hitting up-C just so you could look at it every two seconds? Is that why you also had trouble with the three day system because you wasted all your time just looking at the moon?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
What? The moon slowly descends toward the earth, and it is quite visible without needing to look up by the third day. Just the other day I was playing Majora's Mask, and I commented on that to my sister. From Great Bay you could clearly see the moon in the distance, very close to Clock Town.

Even so, it's more of the emotions that come with the whole moon thing than the moon itself; the feelings of hopelessness and thinking that there's no way to stop it. I could care less about the face on the moon. And I don't think people are bothered by it, save a select few. I actually think the moon adds a lot to the atmosphere of the game.

What? The moon slowly descends toward the earth, and it is quite visible without needing to look up by the third day. Just the other day I was playing Majora's Mask, and I commented on that to my sister. From Great Bay you could clearly see the moon in the distance, very close to Clock Town.

Then I guess I just never noticed it.

The moon was a chilling perversion of what we would expect from the same spacial mass in Hyrule or our own solar system. It was highly abnormal with its piercing eyes, desire for bloodshed, and cruel smile (images included in spoiler tag for reference).

images

images

images

Moreover, this looming sphere added to the insecurity that the world was against you. Termina appeared to defy the laws of science. The demon Majora polluted the waters with volatile toxins, introduced undead creatures to the canyons, and ultimately broke Newton's laws of physics with the impending drop of the moon. While there was no room from day dreaming with the three day cycle this celestial body definitely made every player ponder at least once if the fate of Termina wasn't entirely futile.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I saw the word "perversion" while scrolling down; dunno if my imagination was turned on or not but whatever. I was disturbed by the Moon because it looks grueling, like it is waiting to kill and cannot be stopped! I mean, just look at that face. Does that look like a happy face? Nope. Couple that together with the game world, where every NPC is sad and has some personal errand that they just cannot get done. I definitely would be scared had I been in the game world, and I felt as if I were Link on that adventure. That moon, man...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Moon never bothered me. There was never really a reason for it to be a bother. Even when the timer was counting down on the Final Day it wasn't, because I could take out the Ocarina and play the Song of Time, and everything would return to normal. Sure, its presence was unsettling, but that was only due to the atmosphere of the game and the constant awareness that it would crash into Clock Town.

Speaking of which, there is that one guy who's always watching the descent of the Moon. You can tell be his body language and dialogue that he's worried about the Moon's impending collision, and without Link's intervention his dread would indeed be validated.

Dan

It looks like my ex girlfriend, that's why !

Also I have a phobia of moons. It's a very rare phobia.

L

Link-kun

It never bothered me. But scary video games don't scare me. The shadow temple didn't bother me one bit either.

I always saw it in my peripheral vision, and it added a lot of of emotion and despair to the game, I actually quite enjoyed the atmosphere of this game, moon and all.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
You do see it a lot more often than you must remember. Especially on the 3rd day, you barely need to look up at all. And besides, you can't really forget that creepy face and you can't forget that it's above you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom