• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Was Almost Everybody Dissapointed in Twilight Princess?

Not sure what other people have said, cause I don't want to go through all 100+ posts, but I LOVE TP. It's probably my favorite Zelda game. The graphics were amazing, being a wolf was so awesome, and everything in general was great. I love the story and plot and Midna's character and gaaaah. (But I hate Gerudo Desert, which is the part I got to now. Whelp. Time to play Skyward Sword instead, lol.)

I wouldn't say I was dissapointed with it, it was a great game. It was really fun, and the story was great, it wasn't too bad to look at either. The problem comes in the difficulty. It just doesn't give the same sense of accomplishment. I do think some people don't give it enough credit, but I do not consider it one of the Zelda 'greats'.

I like the game too but other people don't because it was too easy, the wii controls are gimmicky, the plot doesn't make sense, and it didn't live up to its reveal trailer, which got more praise than any other zelda in history.

Starleap

Canadian Girl
Twilight Princess disappointing? I loved Twilight Princess and still do. It had an awesome look, great weapons and amazing characters. The story line was pretty awesome and the bosses were great and interesting. It may not have lived up to YOUR expectations, but it certainly lived up to mine.

TP was amazing and i have no idea why people dont like it. It has difficulty, a good plot, amazing graphics and just overal great gameplay. Whats so hateable about it?

well greenzeldafan posted a thread earlier today talking about how he loved the game and that it was his favorite and i agrees with him except the favorite game part and there were many other people who agreed with him so not everyone hates it

I love the game too, but that doesn't mean everyone has to. I did think the last part of the game was too rushed and short. The palace of twilight, for example. It would have been cool to see the entire twilight realm. I do understand though that it was simply one temple, one small part of the realm, but still. They could have done more with the overall story toward the end of the game, kept it really detailed and full like they did at the beginning. Otherwise I love the entire game.

Ya, that Twilight realm was very basic, do you think it was rushed or just ran out of memory?

I think it ran out of memory because they had an original release date but pushed it back for the wii release so they should have been done with the entire game even before the wii was released.

I agree with the other people on saying that TP was too easy and short. It was kinda like WW, (also TP was basically a port from the GC to the Wii) people disliked the game because of the boringness of the Great Sea. But the story really got to people (well at least to me it did). And what i think they were trying to acheive in TP was a darker more visual and emotional side of Zelda. Well anyways what I'm trying to say is that there are always going to be dissapointments to Zelda games but there is always going to be something good to make up for that disapointment. And TP was very AWESOME!!!:)

whoever made it clearly showed tons of creativity in their dungeons, like the water temple. but the wii mote not working pissed me off and i nearly wanted to kill someone.

difficulty, hmmmmmmmmmm. OH WAIT, SWING YOUR HAND AS FAST AS YOU CAN. thats high quality difficulty right there. but the rest of what you said was right. the wii mote was the problem, (bow issues,) and all zelda games are easy.

as much as i loved the game, i wasn't too into the fact that zelda and ganon were thrown into the plotline without too much back story.

Omg i bought TP cuz its one of my favorite games of all time although Skyward sword is way better in the sense that the dungeons have more puzzles and its more interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom