• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Should't Link Be Able to Use Feirce Diety Anywhere?

OotLord1003

Young Link
Now I know there is a glitch to use Fierce Diety Link anywhere, But why can't he normally use it?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Because the dude is huge! He's about as big as Odolawa (however you spell that) and it would look wierd, plus be hard to program, having him everywhere in MM. I've never seen this glitch though. Could you... you know ... maybe... :)?

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I supposed....

Story-wise, Fierce Deity is very powerful... so Link isn't allowed to abuse that power, he can only use it when he needs it most to protect people (aka, in the boss battles)

Gameplay-wise, as Random Person said, he's freaking huge, and actually gets stuck inside some buildings (the Stock Pot Inn being one of them) if you do said glitch, so you have to be careful. Hence why Nintendo didn't allow it- his size causes all kinds of trouble and glitches just on its own, like being able to climb through some ceilings and such o_O

Also, ZeldaWiki have a section on this glitch, and it's easy enough to find on youtube. I wish it was as easy to perform LOL.

That's my two cents.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Because the dude is huge! He's about as big as Odolawa (however you spell that) and it would look wierd, plus be hard to program, having him everywhere in MM. I've never seen this glitch though. Could you... you know ... maybe... :)?

Ya, First you go to the little water section near the entrence to great bay, Put on the zora mask and go into the waterabout to his middle back or waist. Then turn into young link and dive to the bottom (staying in the same place) and put on the zora mask THEN TAP THE B BUTTON for about 10 seconds the push the button that your zora mask was on, B should be blank. Then hold A and "Up" on the control stick untill you roll (if you don't roll try in over again but move back wards a little bit more, but make sure zora link is still standing up when you restart the glitch) one you roll equip the feirce diety mask to where the zora mask the zora mask was put, then press the button it is equiped to BOOM your Oni Link. DO NOT GO IN CLOCK TOWN, TO NOT TALK TO BOMBER KIDS, DO NOT GO TO THE STOCK POT INN, AND DO NOT TALK TO ANY GUYS IN MINIGAME AREAS shops are okay. To turn back to Normal go back to the water and and put on the zora mask.

Ya, First you go to the little water section near the entrence to great bay, Put on the zora mask and go into the waterabout to his middle back or waist. Then turn into young link and dive to the bottom (staying in the same place) and put on the zora mask THEN TAP THE B BUTTON for about 10 seconds the push the button that your zora mask was on, B should be blank. Then hold A and "Up" on the control stick untill you roll (if you don't roll try in over again but move back wards a little bit more, but make sure zora link is still standing up when you restart the glitch) one you roll equip the feirce diety mask to where the zora mask the zora mask was put, then press the button it is equiped to BOOM your Oni Link. DO NOT GO IN CLOCK TOWN, TO NOT TALK TO BOMBER KIDS, DO NOT GO TO THE STOCK POT INN, AND DO NOT TALK TO ANY GUYS IN MINIGAME AREAS shops are okay. To turn back to Normal go back to the water and and put on the zora mask.
Or or or... the easier way... just download Project 64 and use the cheats they give you. There's one called "C-Buttons anywhere", or something like that. Equip the Fierce Deity mask to any of the C-buttons and you'll turn into Oni Link. The problem is, no Stockpot Inn, you can't exit Clock Town.

As to the question asked, I suspect Link couldn't transform into Oni Link because he was too powerful. Oni Link is huge, and he can shoot beams from his sword, which doesn't take a lot of magic. Those beams are just as strong as a regular sword slash, just more effective because of the distance they have.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
ummm I'm gonna saond retarted but... what's project 64 and where can I get it?

If it'll help you sound less retarted I'll say I don't know that info either.

Dope... Didn't I just get tricked by caring about Xeldimus's leaving. Oh well whatever, you're not alone.

OotLord1003

Young Link
Ha Ha! thanx and who's "Xeldimus"
But I have heard of Project 64 before, but I kinda wanna know where I can get it.
awww screw it! I play the virtual console game (I downloaded all the zelda games on the wii shop channel)
I last played Ten minutes ago

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Ha Ha! thanx and who's "Xeldimus"
But I have heard of Project 64 before, but I kinda wanna know where I can get it.
awww screw it! I play the virtual console game (I downloaded all the zelda games on the wii shop channel)
I last played Ten minutes ago

Xeldimus is a person on this sight. He/she makes a lot of good forum games. He/she recently told everybody that they were leaving but it was just an April fools joke. I fell for it and said my complaints about them leaving.

ummm I'm gonna saond retarted but... what's project 64 and where can I get it?
Project 64 is a Nintendo 64 emulator. It allows you to play N64 games on your computer. All you need is the rom of the game you want to play. Both emulator and rom can be obtained at any site that offers roms and emulators (i.e. doperoms, coolroms). But be aware that downloading this stuff is still illegal.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Project 64 is a Nintendo 64 emulator. It allows you to play N64 games on your computer. All you need is the rom of the game you want to play. Both emulator and rom can be obtained at any site that offers roms and emulators (i.e. doperoms, coolroms). But be aware that downloading this stuff is still illegal.

Really! WOW! Blonde moment. I just realize I have that on my jump drive, home computer and laptop. I used to use it on a daily basis but I forgot all about it. Played Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie, Smash Brothers and MM. I have Golden Eye but I've never played it.
Feel free to laugh and call me names. Oh man. So I guess you really do sound retarted OoTLord. :)

Well, first off, the obvious answer: Force Deity Link is incredibly powerful and would be cheap if used anywhere else (really, he's cheap even in the boss fights). I suppose there's also an element of style, in that he's so big that it only fits for him to come up against bosses which are closer to his size.

But here's the significant one: It's a fact that Fierce Deity Link is buggy. Even if you activate that glitch where you can go anywhere, there are bugs and issues with his interactions with other parts of the game. Additionally, he is so big that it is likely there are parts of the game where his size doesn't work, so they confined him to the large boss rooms.

OotLord1003

Young Link
HE'S NOT CHEAP!!!!!!!! mabey a little too powerful but not "Cheap!"
oh and project 64, my computer has a LOT of problems, soooo I don't know if I would a game I already have but with cheats on my Full Hardrive laptop
Oh yeah, Thanks alot Random Person (Your so helpful) lol "Blonde Moment"

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
It would be fun if after youve completed the game you could go anywhere as Fierce Deity Link, but he's far too overpowered and uses alot of magic to keep himself going. I bet there are some doors in the game that it wouldn't work for to walk through, nd seeing as Nintendo put MM together so quickly I doubt they wanted to waste any time on adjust door sizes so that FDL could walk throught them.

It would be fun if after youve completed the game you could go anywhere as Fierce Deity Link, but he's far too overpowered and uses alot of magic to keep himself going. I bet there are some doors in the game that it wouldn't work for to walk through, nd seeing as Nintendo put MM together so quickly I doubt they wanted to waste any time on adjust door sizes so that FDL could walk throught them.
Actually no, when you open a door as Fierce Deity, his feet will go into the ground making him the right height to enter. The only door you can't enter, or exit, are the ones at the Stockpot Inn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom