• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why L.o.Z. is Needing More Plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) As you know,Both Mario and Zelda are very popular and have been around pretty long. But when you talk to some people and you mention L.o.Z., they're just like "huh? Zelda? Whats that?" Then you mention Mario and they say "oh yea! I know that game!" Zelda is a classic game of awesomeness: humor :fairy: , realistic graphics(when it comes to TP) and even more. No, I'm not saying Mario isn't as good,I'm just using it as an example because its been around for around the same time as L.o.Z. (only a year longer). But most importantly the best game of all time is in this game series! :eek:carina: of Time! How could people not like that game?! :( Too many people are unaware of it! What if Nintendo decided to stop making Zelda games?! Then not enough people would be able to support keeping it. What do you think about this? Try to get more of your friends involved in playing Zelda over other game series,it could help the Zelda world.

Thank You.

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
This thread is in the wrong section; It should be in World of Zelda. Please be careful about where you place threads. It should be moved by a Mod soon. Oh, and I like how you said Ocarina of Time. It made me laugh.

ok. this is actually my first time and so i didn't really know much a bout it. thanks for telling me!

Djinn

and Tonic
I think it has a little bit more to do with advertising and other outside media than just game plays. Since the early days Mario has been synonymous with all things Nintendo and has appeared as the official mascot in all things official by Nintendo. Including having a few separate tv shows live action and cartoon, a movie no matter how badly it is looked upon today, plenty of spinoff games with media of their own, and then all the other off side products and tie ins like Mario candy and stuffed animals. Zelda has few to none of these, and what other merchandising there is for Zelda, it is much much less than what is available for Mario.

But product placement and appearances in other forms of media has done it's job well. People who do not own any Nintendo systems or simply do not care for video games still know who Mario is. This would be the same situation as people who have never read a comic in their lives or care about the media at all still know exactly who Superman is, they could even tell you where he is from. Mostly do the the incredible amount of representation the character is given in so many areas for so many years. Other Nintendo characters are more of an extra, less commercial addition. Zelda will most likely be second string to Mario to the greater audience of casual fans or those who only know the names and do not play the games. Yes Mario is the big name, but people who play Mario games will know who Samus Aran or Link is.

Another issue might be the fantasy aspect of Zelda titles. Normally Fantasy games have their own select fans while some others might not like the genre at all. Mario is a much more universal setting and more easily approachable to newcomers to gaming since it does not specialize in one specific area or genre. Zelda is mainly for the fantasy fans, just as Metroid is for the scifi fans. They are a much more niche group that like a specialized environment, it does not always attract everyone.

Ganondork

goo
I personally think people don't know much about Zelda anymore is that they hardly advertise the games when they come out (as I never saw commercials for TP or PH), and of course the dreaded CoD (-.-). CoD has brainwashed people and given them the I.Q. of a five year old, whereas Zelda makes you think.

Unfortunately, Mario is better known, when half the time, it's just him throwing another party. But of course, this Mario Party, like a 5 year old's, sucks. But it appeals to people who like easy games, families, and of course, children. Zelda only attracts people who like to spend weeks playing a game. But of course, Halo and CoD have created a five-minute-long gaming experience in an attempt to get more money. Or, it only attracts old-school gamers, or smart people.

The bottom line is that people don't appreciate good games anymore; just crappy ones.

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
mario is pretty good so you gotta give it that. but i love zelda ten times as much

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Unfortunately, Mario is better known, when half the time, it's just him throwing another party. But of course, this Mario Party, like a 5 year old's, sucks. But it appeals to people who like easy games, families, and of course, children. Zelda only attracts people who like to spend weeks playing a game. But of course, Halo and CoD have created a five-minute-long gaming experience in an attempt to get more money. Or, it only attracts old-school gamers, or smart people.

The bottom line is that people don't appreciate good games anymore; just crappy ones.

You did not just compare a fantastic series like Halo to a crappy half a**ed, overrated, paperweight characters, with poor knifing animations (that by the way have been recycled for like every game), that is just a copy and paste job with new levels and weapons every game series like Call of Duty. Fail. Halo is up there with Zelda. Don't let lame gamers make you feel less of Halo because of an online feature. It actually follows an amazing story and innovates when it comes to gameplay. Bungie takes their time on making Halo games just like Nintendo does. If it were really about money then we would have Halo games every year, but oh wait, that's Call of Duty.

Sorry, Call of Duty just really grinds my gears.

But anyway. Many people know The Legend of Zelda but just don't care to remember it because they don't care about the series. The just need a point in the right direction. If you show someone a picture of Link and you say who is this? They will respond Zelda. That's how you know that they still know about the existence of the Zelda series. It's happened to me many times. Mario is just to big of an icon. Just because people know him doesn't mean that they always play his games. They just know of him like anyone knows The Simpsons, Superman, Batman, Mickey Mouse, and Bugs Bunny.

And I don't think we have to worry about Nintendo not making anymore Zelda titles. Just like the Simpsons you can't stop The Legend of Zelda. If Zelda were not popular then we wouldn't have all these games we have now. It sells very well. For some reason it seems like people around you don't know of The Legend of Zelda (that seems to be the case for everyone for some reason) but they most likely do if you help them out a bit and refresh their memory.

Ganondork

goo
You did not just compare a fantastic series like Halo to a crappy half a**ed, overrated, paperweight characters, with poor knifing animations (that by the way have been recycled for like every game), that is just a copy and paste job with new levels and weapons every game series like Call of Duty. Fail. Halo is up there with Zelda. Don't let lame gamers make you feel less of Halo because of an online feature. It actually follows an amazing story and innovates when it comes to gameplay. Bungie takes their time on making Halo games just like Nintendo does. If it were really about money then we would have Halo games every year, but oh wait, that's Call of Duty.

Didn't know Halo actually gave a damn to make it right. Well, looks like Reach might actually make my birthday list just to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom