• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why is There So Much Hate for the Triforce Hunt at the End of WW?

This is exactly what I wish the Triforce quest was. The actual tracking down of the Triforce charts was an amazing quest filled with exploration. Once you have them in your hands, however, it literally becomes the definition of a fetch quest. I honestly think that if they just cut out the decyphering and collecting that it would be my favorite Zelda quest ever. As it stands the Triforce Quest is a terrific quest that is anticlimatic and bogged down by mindless repetition at the end.

This is an excellent point! I actually went through the entire map and got every single piece of sunken treasure, but I do realize that not all people are crazy, and some prefer the touch of men/women to collecting all of the little red circles on the map. I can totally see why this would be a royal pain in the butt if you had to just go find all six triforce pieces. Having the pieces inside the treasure charts would have indeed made the segment better.

I did not even consider this! Good job, internet.

the first few times I played wind waker, I found it really interesting.
that was the time where I would explore all the items and get all the treasures.
now though, it's just repetitive. I know where everything is, and I don't really care to go over it again.
that was something I didn't like about wind waker.
it started to get really old.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was to long I feel, once you get the charts and you didn't have enough money you had to go out and find money, you finally get the money and you have to go get the shards. I just didn't like how long it took to get through.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't necessarily hate it the first time through, but subsequent playthroughs saw it quickly getting annoying. It's tedious, to say nice things about it, and especially if you somehow missed getting the Ballad of Gales, you'll spend much unnecessary playtime searching for dem Triforce pieces. Oh, and one last thing: Tingle. He charges too much for something so little; I think the Triforce Charts are mandatory although you shouldn't quote me on that -- farming rupees is tedious as well (but fun).

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The Wind Waker is my favorite game of all time. At first I didn't enjoy this part very much, but as I played through the game multiple more times, it grew on me each time.
However I can understand why some people wouldn't like it. Originally, in place of this portion, there was supposed to be more dungeons, which I would've liked more. I think people just didn't enjoy how tedious it was. There wasn't much variation in the ways to obtain all 8 of these pieces. In general, you'd just go to an island, fight some enemies/complete a long challenge, pay Tingle 398 rupees, and go out in the sea and get the treasure chest. It just got a bit tiring after a while.

My least favorite part was paying freakin Tingle. 398 rupees. 8. Times.

I personally find it frustrated how the gale forces you to undergo many repetitive actions. You have to get thet charts, then you have to go and find the hidden chests. Which are hard to find because the beacons dissapear are you get near. In addition you need thousand of rupees in order to pay Tingle for descifraring the charts.

Nintendo was planning to have two more dungeons (as far as I've read), but had to scratch them because of time limits in production. I would have liked if they had added those dungeons instead. And if they had make the hunt for the Triforce a little less expensive and easier to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom