• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Why Don't the Villains Try to Kill You More?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think Ghirahim really took Link all that seriously until the little Temple of Time scene. After that he's usually just too busy for Link or he actually tries to kill him. Please get over your blind hatred for everything Skyward Sword for a total of 10 seconds and perceive the facts.

I totally understand that Ghirahim didn't take Link seriously until ToT, and later Fire Sanctuary. Here:
Do you remember when I told you that the next time we met, I'd make your ears bleed from the sound of your own screams?
That comes from the second fight. But why is it a "next time"? Why didn't he just beat the **** out of Link the first time, huh? It wouldn't be TOO bad of him to do so, especially considering that Link *dares* to meddle in the Demon Lord's plans.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Doesn't Ghirahim have to quickly pursue zelda?
My guess would be that he has to chase Zelda. He doesn't have time to play with Link while she's on the move.

Right, he has Zelda to chase after. That's exactly why he shouldn't play with Link; merely get down to business and swiftly return to his task at hand. But he didn't, and that's what got him beaten in the end (though he gets props for carrying his plan out regardless)

General Skel

Stalfos!!!
They could put a few battles in cutscenes, but that could also lead people to say "why the heck am I not fighting the evil villain more?!?!" The evil minions have more time to try to kill you than the evil villain.

Right, he has Zelda to chase after. That's exactly why he shouldn't play with Link; merely get down to business and swiftly return to his task at hand. But he didn't, and that's what got him beaten in the end (though he gets props for carrying his plan out regardless)

- He specifically mentions Zelda's presence being gone during Skyview, so he's got time.
- Impa decided to be a hoe in the Earth Temple.
- Zelda escapes during the Temple of Time cutscene.

At this point in the story, Zelda is god-knows-where to Ghirahim, so it's more "Busy, gotta think this through" than "Time is of the essence".

- Couldn't give two damns about Link during the Ancient Cistern, he just poofs after introducing Koloktos.
- Tries to strike a deal with Link at the Fire Sanctuary.

All his acts are pretty justified. At this point, he does a bit of backtracking because it was quite obvious the Gate of Time was in Faron Woods, and lo' and behold, manages to curbstomp Link at the precise moment. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but he says he has a guilty pleasure/fetish for ruining Link whenever possible, which could also explain things.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
That is something I don't get. If I was a villain, I would kill off all potential threats before they realize that they are a threat, and Then proceed to my world domination. I guess the villains in the zelda franchise are just feeling rather suicidal at the moment or they want to mess with link's head.

linkypete

I am the very model of a modern major-general
because villians are depressed that they killed so many people so they make it look like they are still bad guys and secretly help link along the way, and then let him kill them instead of having the shame of killing themselves.

Salem

SICK
because villians are depressed that they killed so many people so they make it look like they are still bad guys and secretly help link along the way, and then let him kill them instead of having the shame of killing themselves.
What? that's some plot twist, I smell a fanfic.:P

Night Owl

~Momentai
It's just the arrogance that villains have. They see themselves as greater than Link, so they just toy with him.
Little do they know that by toying they make Link stronger.

Besides, a villain that was humble enough to wipe out everything that was a threat before it becomes a threat wouldn't make for an interesting story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom