• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Does Nintendo Hide Common Game Elements As "secrets"?

I don't understand this, really. Most games have an easy/normal/hard mode by default. But Nintendo doesn't advertise they have a hard mode in any of their games, instead it's some unlockable "secret." They're ... making themselves less desirable by pretending they don't have something that is sensibly included in many modern games. What the hell? >_>

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
Due to how this thread started,i have a feeling it may close.

Wouldn't it be more pleasing to fans if they knew ahead of time they're getting more value in what they buy >_>

A

Animated Monste

I think it just shows how little nintendo are focused on sales, and more focused on pleasing their fans.

If Nintendo was focused on pleasing fans, stuff like Master Quest and Hero Mode would be available from the start.

Con-man

Master Swordsman
I think it just shows how little nintendo are focused on sales, and more focused on pleasing their fans. I was shocked when I played through OoT 3DS to find there was master quest included and I hadn't even heard of it.

HA, they are a company in a weakened economy, I GUARANTEE their main focus is sales. Look at how much they cater to the casual gamer. I mean Zelda is closest thing they have to a "Hardcore" game. I love Zelda, but lets not act like Nintendo is some loving company that just wants everyone to have fun.

M

missdeep

As far as I can remember, most Zelda games didn't all have a hard mode or what have you. I think its better to let it be a pleasant surprise as opposed to something everyone expects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom