• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Did You Start Zelda, and Why Do You Still Play?

I started playing when i was 4 or 5 years because i went to went to daycare where they had a N64 and the first games i played on it were Mario Party, Diddy Kong Racing, And some others including OoT. I remember watching people struggle to defeat Gohma... isnt that sad. Also we thought it was amazing that, since the women who ran it had her kids there, one which became a good friend, their dad had beaten the water temple and his file "dad" we all thought was so far and accomplished until it was accidently deleted. A kid next door also had a N64 and i became good friends with him and watched him played OoT and Majoras Mask. I got a N64 and on my 7th birthday i got OoT and since then it is the most played game in my house. I got a gamecube later and wind waker which i thought was amazing but now i dont like that much. And have ever since plaued Zelda and a few years ago my friend whos mom ran the daycare gave me his Mario 64 and Majoras Mask in trade for another game, i got the better end of the deal. Recently i have been really getting into the classics ever since the latest zeldathon. Why not keep playing. Its only the greatest series ever. And also i never 100% beat one.
Also i just let one of friend borrow Wind Waker since hes never played a zelda game.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
The reason I started playing Zelda is because a former friend forced me to. She forced me to play OoT and MM; the collection edition for GC. Then she gave me her old copy of the N64 version of OoT to compare to the GC port. So that's why I started playing; I was forced to.

Why do I keep playing? In spite of my former friend's nagging I actually grew to like the series though I didn't like it before. I like the challenge even though I get annoyed when I hit a road block. Makes for a nice. =w=

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
When I was really little I played the original Zelda with my uncle, who was AMAZING. I remember him beating Ganon and me admiring how good he was lol. And then when I was 9 I got Phantom Hourglass, since then I have been hooked on Zelda. I have beaten most of the Zelda games and I call myself a very large fan of Zelda. Well, there's my story D:

geek4887

The Unknown
Thing That Got You Started

Hey, I'm not sure if there's a thread like this, but if there is, feel free to close this thread. So, I was just curious as to what game got you into the series.

Last edited:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
My first Zelda was the first Zelda (I'm really old). But it was A Link to the Past which gets me into the series. To date, I love A Link to the Past. It is my favourite Zelda Game.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Ocarina of time, I watched my dad play the game and loved every second of it, I even read the manual over and over again :p

The thing that got me started was watching my older brother play ALttP and OoT. But when I did that, I could only get passed the first dungeon or two on each game.

Well, I used to watch my cousin play OoT all the time, (that was back when watching others play video games was more enjoyable than playing them) so when I finally got my hands on it, and started playing the game, I fell in love. After a while, (prolly five years, I wasn't very good at all)I got very stuck trying to free the carpenters in Gerudo Valley, which caused me to look up walkthroughs online, and in turn, me finding Zelda Dungeon. Before this site, I didn't even know it was a series. But now I own three games, and am quite the fangirl.

geek4887

The Unknown
Oh, thanks Josie. Sorry for the inconvenience. Umm, do you want me to close this thread, or should i just leave it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom