• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Can't the View Change in Hyrule Castle Town?

Salem

SICK
Walking around Hyrule Castle Town, when using the L/Z targeting, the camera view doesn't centre around Link like in most places, maybe it's not a big deal, but why not all the same?

Okay, here's what really bothers me, I can't look through the first-person view like in most other places in the game, there's so many NPCs walking around there, sure we can't talk to a lot of them, that doesn't bother me, but why can't I take a closer look at them? Now I can't know what most of the NPCs in that Town look like because I can only look at them from far away.

There's a lot of people there, specially in the Central Square, there's probably more NPCs than any other place in Zelda.

Is there any technical reason why the changing the view is disabled in Hyrule Castle Town? I understand OoT they were using a pre-rendered background so no chance of looking at a different view(although why bother with it in the first place?), in the 3DS version of lot, it seems they used a normal in-game engine graphics for the town but still they won't allow a first-person view, maybe for the sake of consistency?

I have a feeling it was designed like this just to imitate OoT, I don't know, I'm done rambling.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's sort of like that static camera angle thing that was used in Ocarina of Time's own Market/Castle Town. I would say it being in Twilight Princess was nothing more than a nod to OoT. I do not believe there is any technical reason why point of view is locked. ;p

Salem

SICK
^It's like one of the more weirder references to OoT, I remember in one of the TP trailers, The town was viewed in a different angle, it was behind Link and closer to the ground, i would've preferred that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom