• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Why Are Some Zelda Game Bosses So Unoriginal?

Honestly, I think Nintendo re-uses boss ideas because they want us to make the connection between other Nintendo games. Strictly talking about Zelda, I do not think it is the creators being lazy or running of ideas, I think it follows the whole time line concept. Every game (almost) is a different Link, but with essentially the same characteristics and background story so I think that applies to the bosses. Like perhaps Ghoma is an anscestor of Armoghoma...

And I do agree that there is a puppet/ phantom overkill, but they usually pose as challenging bosses.:pikalove:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think the term "rip off", as you used, is the wrong term here. A rip off, in this context, refers to someone(thing) directly stealing an idea from another source, which I don't think is the case. For one, it's all within the same series - I think Wolf Sage put it best when referring to a throwback or simply a reference.

However, I don't think it comes down to just a reference, I think it's key that the series maintains some level of consistency between games and such. A better word would probably be "continuity" and this creates the illusion of it - seeing the likes of Armogohma in Twilight Princess made me straight away think of its Ocarina of Time counterpart, Gohma. Then you can give a certain level of importance of said boss, or variations. It doesn't just have sentimental value but also value of the lore itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom