• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why a Beetle?

ZeldaHam

Some Skyloftian Guy
I have an idea, why not make it a real living beetle that is being held captive by a mini-boss in some cocoon-type thing, then after you defeat the mini-boss it decides to help you and becomes an item. It sounds stupid, but hey.

EDIT: Hey, I just remembered something. If Miyamoto's bug-catching hobby inspired pokemon, maybe it inspired the Beetle as well. If not, I still claim the beetle. (Signatures don't lie.)

C

CDi-Fails

I feel like the Beetle came from some sort of enemy, like how the masks in Majora's Mask were from the bosses...maybe it was made by some type of tribe?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I think that the beetle suits the item well. Instead of a boomerang (Which can't transport most items), use a device that snatches things and send them off where you want. I mean, a bird would actually be a horrible idea for the item. Beetles have big pinchers that grab things and they also fly, so... I doubt that there will be a beetle boss, but then again, some members who were working on ST are working on SS. I would HATE to see a beetle boss. That wouldn't be epic at all. But I think that the Beetle item is very cool. I don't understand how and item could be epic though...

I'd prefer it was a real pet beetle that actually buzzed around and grabbed stuff for Link.
Wouldn't it be kind of weird to have a living creature as an item? Yeah there was the Cuccos in OoT, but they weren't usable.. I suppose it could work, but it sounds like it would be more outlandish than having the device how it is, and then we'd have more complaints.

LMAO.... didn't he get that from Malon in OOT?
Yeah, I think so. She sent it to his house I think. MIGHT have been Talon but I'm pretty sure it wasn't.

I feel like the Beetle came from some sort of enemy, like how the masks in Majora's Mask were from the bosses...maybe it was made by some type of tribe?
?

In Majora's Mask, the only masks gotten from bosses are the Remains masks, and they don't do anything. The other masks come from soothed spirits or are given to you.

IMO, the Beetle is probably a dungeon item or something. Maybe that's just me.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter

Funny you should say that...the Beetle looks a lot like Stagnox from Spirit Tracks.
stagnox.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom