• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Minish Cap Whoever Said This Game Was Easy...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I'm pretty sure it's all subjective. I found Skyward Sword to be pretty balanced. When I recommend "easy" Zeldas to people, I recommend Wind Waker and Twilight Princess (which by no means makes them bad games, I love them both and think they're awesome).

I'd personally place Minish Cap on a level of difficulty right around A Link to the Past - however, *for me* the cloning-junk takes it to a new level of hard. In my mind, they're all a bunch of drooling brainless magic-creatures made of DUH! or, at least, of tissue-paper.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Did you get the Mirror Shield, yet? It's the most beautiful thing in the game, in my opinion. If only we could keep the White Sword alongside it...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Did you get the Mirror Shield, yet? It's the most beautiful thing in the game, in my opinion. If only we could keep the White Sword alongside it...

I didn't get the Mirror Shield - I'll have to read the ZD Walkthrough again on how to do it. I was pretty focused on getting the last bottle. I also need to finish collecting figurines. I think the only time I've ever completely 100% completed a Zelda game was on the original LoZ when all you needed to collect were heart-containers. If it's as pretty as the Mirror Shield in OoT is, I'll have to get it.

The shield I used throughout the game was the one that Zelda gave me in the beginning. It was a gift from Zelda, so it was special.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If it's as pretty as the Mirror Shield in OoT is, I'll have to get it.

Well, I can't speak for you for a multitude of reasons, but I would say the TMC Mirror Shield is just ever so slightly below the OoTV1.0 (Crescent Moon and Star for those that don't know) Mirror Shield. For a 2D game, though, it looks almost perfect. I have it equipped at all times when I do have it.

The Minish Cap is definitely a pretty difficult game. I'd say it is a close second in regards to the most difficult handheld game, coming up close to Link's Awakening. It had many difficult parts. Its puzzles were very challenging, for the most part. Also, the Minish aspect of the game added to the difficulty of the puzzles, simply because it is something unseen in games that precede and succeed it. And the parts in which you had to duplicate Link were a bit odd and hard to get used to.

The most challenging part of The Minish Cap, in my opinion, is the bosses. Many of the bosses took me quite a few tries. In particular, the three phases of the fight against Vaati were highly intense and challenging. I believe it is perhaps one of the hardest final bosses in the Zelda series, but then again, I've only completed a handful of the games.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
You probably don't know this (since I rarely review stories), but I happen to be subscribed to you on Fanfiction.net (as TwilightWakerofTime). So if I see a MC fic... I'll know what to expect. :P (Gods, I hope that didn't sound creepy...)

I agree wholeheartedly. Minish Cap was always difficult for me. ...Except I never had that much trouble with the clones. XD I kept getting lost, to be honest, and there were multiple occasions where I had no idea where I should be going. And the sheer amount of secrets and Kinstone fusions are overwhelming. Hardest handheld game for sure.

Just to let you know, Four Swords and FSA are NOTHING like TMC. Fortunately. XD

Last edited:

zellinkda

one of many
he who said it was easy, yeah they ARE a liar. Minish cap got pretty annoying after awhile. adorable, that's undeniable, but annoying. surprising to me how I thought Majora's mask was easier.

What I really hate is fighting Vaati at the end. I'M STILL NOT DONE! I've pretty much written it off as finished, because I'm so annoyed with it and I can't flipping beat it :mad:

so yeah, minish cap, you are quite the annoying one.

Fig

The Altruist
Personally, I think Minish Cap is actually one of the hardest games in the Zelda series, despite how it is a portable Zelda game and portable Zelda tend to be simple and straight forward. It took me at least a month to finally complete The Minish Cap! It's great that you finally finish the game!

You got an achievement: Complete The Minish Cap!

Hope you are doing well in your life!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Minish Cap is one of my least favourite Zelda games (although I'm currently playing Phantom Hourglass and I hate it with a vengeance though I'm not sure why tbh) anyway, yeah, it is really hard. Keep at it though. I suck at games and I managed to beat it (eventually).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom