• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Should Voice Link in ZeldaU

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So far we've had the voice talents (or rather, grunt talents :right:) of Fujiko Takimoto [OoT Young Link], Noboyuki Hiyama [OoT Adult Link; MM Fierce Deity Link; SC2 Link], Sachi Matsumoto [TWW Link; PH Link], Akira Sasanuma [TP Link], Yuki Kodaira [ST Link], and Takashi Ohara [SS Link]. All of the actors fit the Link they voiced, although it's important to note two things: one the voices went along with the general art style, and two the voices went along with that specific Link's age.

With those two things in mind, who do you think should voice Link in ZeldaU?

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I think any of the past voice actors would be fine, depending on Link's age. They all sound pretty similar to me, tbh, so I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless they were to have a young Link voice actor do the voice for an adult. By the way, does anyone know who voiced Link in Melee? His voice in that game seemed to be higher than it was in Oot.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
By the way, does anyone know who voiced Link in Melee? His voice in that game seemed to be higher than it was in Oot.

Noboyuki Hiyama did Melee Link; Akira Sasanuma was Brawl Link.

As for me, imo if Link is older and has a darker art style, then Mr.Sasanuma should voice him. If it's lighter and Link is older, Mr.Hiyama.

Night Owl

~Momentai
How about they make the player record all of the grunts before the game starts. That way it increases the immersiveness by letting you hear your own voice.

I know we all love grunting like Link. ;)

How about they make the player record all of the grunts before the game starts. That way it increases the immersiveness by letting you hear your own voice.

I know we all love grunting like Link. ;)

Goofy as that may sound to the casual observer, I'm perfectly alright with it. Would you look silly recording your grunts and screams? Yes. Would it be awesome? Yep.

Unless this is more a question of which seiyuu I liked best, I'd rather we get an entirely new voice actor, or keep the latest ones (Ohara for adult Link, Kodaira for young Link). If I could only pick one from your list based on who I preferred most, I would choose Sasanuma for adult Link (his voice really made Link seem dangerous at times) or Matsumoto for young Link. Somehow, Sasanuma felt a little more fitting to the role than Hiyama.

As long as it's not Takashi Ohara.

What was wrong with Ohara? I honestly thought SS Link was voiced by Sasanuma until I randomly stumbled across the truth one day. Can't imagine they'd be too different.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Voice Acting in Zelda . .. Please no. The text boxes have maintained a lack of Nintendo's often bad voice acting, a retro or nostalgic feel, reading at your own pace, and a nice tradition to keep. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom