• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is Your Favorite(nonessential) NPC ?

My favorite would have to be Kafei for his side quest, it's one of the more emotional ones in Majora and the longest side quest. It feels nice to complete it and see the end of it. Based purely on character though, I'd have to say Malon cause she seems cool
Same here about Kafei's quest and how sad it is that he didn't want Anju to know he was transformed into a kid, but they stilled loved each other until the end.

I liked the shop keeper in Link's Awakening. If he can kill Link in one hit, I reckon he would be a better Protagonist than Link. He isn't my favorite though. That spot goes to Malon. She is pretty adorable, and She seems like a really nice kid.

Magic carpet guy in OoT. Him or ingo's character in MM and OoT. He always gets so upset when you beat him in a horse race. Not sure if this is the right name, haven't played OoT or MM in a while.

Malo without a doubt. His reactions to everything just makes me lol so hard. He is a baby but he acts like a grumpy old man.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Well, I don't know which my favorite is, there are too many to choose from. But one great one that I like is the Hylian Soldier in OOT sitting in the Back Alleys of Hyrule Castle Town Market, whom can only be found after the cutscene where Impa and Zelda flees from Ganondorf, up until opening the Door of Time (so, a very short period of time). It's a bit sad, but it's a really cool little moment if you find him.
I also like the Terminian Soldier that has the Stone Mask in MM. Soldier-characters are apparently on my mind today XD

OoT had NPC's that bubbled with personality. I loved all the Kokiri, the skull kid, saria, the little Goron named after you, Darunia, Impa... it was just amazing to interact with everyone. The bombchu bowling girl also was fun because she had an actual personality. Even Sakon with the Alice in Wonderland reference made me smile!

Agent of Majora

Herald of the Consumer
If we're talking about minor, inconsequential NPCs, I think I have two favorites. One of them is the guy who guards the Death Mountain Trail in Ocarina of Time, because I like how he seems to be the only character in the game to have a realistic reaction to a ten year old kid telling him that he was going to save the world.
The other is the guy who runs the Trading Post/Curiosity Shop in Clock Town, because I love how he operates his business like a mob front; he has an open, friendly business by day where he's friends to people of all races and practically gives out stickers to good children, while at night he's a full blown-racist extortionist running a black market who apparently has the entire town guard in his pocket, seeing as how they don't seem to do anything about him. In addition, I think his bargaining with Sakon may have possibly been one of the most amusing exchanges in the Zelda series. To heck with Sakon and Skull Kid, that guy is the real criminal mastermind of Termina.

Last edited:
The skeleton captain from the Oracle games was always the most endearing to me for some reason. But I guess you could argue that he's an "essential" NPC because you must interact with him to complete the game.
Cap%27n.png

Now, this is something that I am quite tri-curious about. Who is your favorite nonessential npc within the Zelda series?
This means no characters with large story or plot relevance. So no copouts such as Midna, KoRL, Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa, ect.

My favorite NPC has to be this guy.
hqdefault.jpg

He is just so hilarious to me. Especially his voice acting. It is a 10/10 Lozjam approved MLG swag 360 no scope KABLOOOOOOOOOM majestic figure of a man riding lit casseroles.
Just look at this and his minigame!

mine is the running man who is just a fun sidequest in oot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom