• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is the Hero's Shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much prefer it if he was a previos Link. However, Link is not the only hero of the series. An obvios one that springs to mind is the hero of the gorons. However, he does share many similar traits to Link. Similar footwork, vaguely similar clothing and a preferance for a sword and shield.

I've played the game through many a time and read countless articles on the subject. You know as well as I do that there is little, if any hints towards his identity that cannot easily be grounded by another contradicting statement. This is most likely because they don't want us to know who he is. They would rather us debate it for a while, if not indefinately.

So until someone gives me something I can actually work with rather than "That's not how nintendo work!" I'm going to stick with my opinion on this matter.

I, personally, am on the "SS Link = Hero's Shade boat." I believe the Hero's Shade is not a Stalfos, and his attire could very well be the general Knights of Hyrule armor from ages past. Perhaps some time following the events of Skyward Sword, the land of Hyrule becomes established. Zelda's father becomes king, Zelda herself becomes princess, and Link and a few other found the Knights of Hyrule (Hylian Knights). The armor that Link wears [as the Hero's Shade] may have simply been the general armor of that age. To me, this is not a very far-fetched theory in retrospect to the various changes in armor of Hylian Knights throughout the series' chronology. Another thing, I am not entirely sure if the Hero's Shade's "armor form" is his true form to begin with, as others here might agree. The Golden Wolf appears to be his default. But one thing I am a very strong proponent to is the armor form is NOT a Stalfos. Lastly, I believe there is far more to the Shade's quotes than meets the eye and they should not be ignored. :yes:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I, personally, am on the "SS Link = Hero's Shade boat." I believe the Hero's Shade is not a Stalfos, and his attire could very well be the general Knights of Hyrule armor from ages past. Perhaps some time following the events of Skyward Sword, the land of Hyrule becomes established. Zelda's father becomes king, Zelda herself becomes princess, and Link and a few other found the Knights of Hyrule (Hylian Knights). The armor that Link wears [as the Hero's Shade] may have simply been the general armor of that age. To me, this is not a very far-fetched theory in retrospect to the various changes in armor of Hylian Knights throughout the series' chronology. Another thing, I am not entirely sure if the Hero's Shade's "armor form" is his true form to begin with, as others here might agree. The Golden Wolf appears to be his default. But one thing I am a very strong proponent to is the armor form is NOT a Stalfos. Lastly, I believe there is far more to the Shade's quotes than meets the eye and they should not be ignored. :yes:

This also doesn't provide any real evidence. There really isn't any sound evidence for SS Link being the Hero's Shade, whereas there actually is a fair bit for OoT Link.

This also doesn't provide any real evidence. There really isn't any sound evidence for SS Link being the Hero's Shade, whereas there actually is a fair bit for OoT Link.

That is what I used to think. To be honest, I'm still a bit partial to it and I was one the biggest proponents to the HS=OoT Link theory. However, I think the theory I've introduced presents the possibility that SS Link=HS. More evidence is mounting to further contribute to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom