• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who is the Hero's Shade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't the hero's shade said he was fighting ganon/dorf earlier? but SwS link won't to do that? or am I missing something, I do think that SwS link may be the ancient hero in Twilight princess, but not the hero's shade.

didn't the hero's shade said he was fighting ganon/dorf earlier? but SwS link won't to do that? or am I missing something, I do think that SwS link may be the ancient hero in Twilight princess, but not the hero's shade.

No, the Hero's Shade has never said anything about Ganondorf. He only talks about enemies in general and bettering yourself.

No, the Hero's Shade has never said anything about Ganondorf. He only talks about enemies in general and bettering yourself.
Oh, my bad then, I'm pretty sure some of nintendos original intent was to reference the messenger of the heavens with Skyward Sword.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Oh, my bad then, I'm pretty sure some of nintendos original intent was to reference the messenger of the heavens with Skyward Sword.
If that's so, then they aren't making it very obvious. There's no Dominion Rod in SS. There's also no evidence of the Oocca to communicate with, without unnecessarily complex fanfics.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We cant be sure about that because Nintendo haven`t released the timeline.

Actually, Aonuma confirmed that they are on separate timelines by saying that they "run parallel" to each other. Two things being parallel to each other means they run side-by-side and never meet. In saying that, Aonuma confirmed both that there is a split timeline and that the two times cannot reconnect.

If that's so, then they aren't making it very obvious. There's no Dominion Rod in SS. There's also no evidence of the Oocca to communicate with, without unnecessarily complex fanfics.

Hence i said original intent, keyword being original, in other words, the talking about an ancient hero that was not Oot link and came from the sky in Twiligh Princess gave the idea to make a prequel to Oot with link coming from the sky. at least that is what I think.

I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the Back Slice in the footage we have, and I know we haven't seen the Great Spin. We've only seen a normal Spin Attack. The Ending Blow and Shield Attack also don't mean anything. Those are generic moves that any swordsman could use. It was only the last three Hidden Skills that were secret to the bloodline of the Hero.
I saw a video with some guy playing Skyward Sword, he says " i'm gonna do those parry things, (shield attacks right when a Boko Moblin tries to attack, but draws hammer from attacking) uhhg, he faked me out, whatever" (kills Boko Moblin):P

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I saw a video with some guy playing Skyward Sword, he says " i'm gonna do those parry things, (shield attacks right when a Boko Moblin tries to attack, but draws hammer from attacking) uhhg, he faked me out, whatever" (kills Boko Moblin):P

Yeah, the Shield Bash is what he was talking about most likely. It knocks back projectile attacks and parrys an opponent's attack, knocking said opponent back.

Last edited by a moderator:
It all makes sense, but there is one thing: SS Link is right handed, and the Hero's Shade is left handed (GC version of TP is the cannon one, because the game was really designed for it and the wii is an adaptation for motion controls)

Ganondork

goo
Azure Sage said:
The Hero's Shade is not ANY Link. I don't mean to dash all of your theories; just consider this for a second.

The Hero's Shade can talk. So how could the Hero's Shade possibly be one of the Links?

Ummm, what? Clearly the Hero's Shade is a Link. He says in Twilight Princess "Our bloodline" or something along that line. Meaning they're related, and he (as Link should) knows all of these moves he taught Link. How would it be possible for such a powerful warrior to not be Link? He knows skills that not even Ganondorf himself can learn.

As for his speaking, Link does, and always has, spoken. He did even in Twilight Princess, he tells people about many things, but they blank it out, but the characters understand everything. You also choose what to say, but Link doesn't verbally do it, simply because nintendo decided not to place it into a text box. Link has always spoken, as all human beings do, but Nintendo has just decided there is no reason to relay every bit of information that we've already heard before.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The Hero's Shade is not ANY Link. I don't mean to dash all of your theories; just consider this for a second.

The Hero's Shade can talk. So how could the Hero's Shade possibly be one of the Links? :P

Actually Link does talk.. From OoT:

What is your name? ~ Zelda

And the player can choose a dialogue in that conversation, Wheter or no the wants to look through the window, He wants to keep her secret or even what his name is. He doesn't physically say anything but I'll take that as a yes.. He can talk.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ummm, what? Clearly the Hero's Shade is a Link. He says in Twilight Princess "Our bloodline" or something along that line. Meaning they're related, and he (as Link should) knows all of these moves he taught Link. How would it be possible for such a powerful warrior to not be Link? He knows skills that not even Ganondorf himself can learn.

As for his speaking, Link does, and always has, spoken. He did even in Twilight Princess, he tells people about many things, but they blank it out, but the characters understand everything. You also choose what to say, but Link doesn't verbally do it, simply because nintendo decided not to place it into a text box. Link has always spoken, as all human beings do, but Nintendo has just decided there is no reason to relay every bit of information that we've already heard before.

Relax, man. I was merely offering my playful opinion on the subject. I wasn't trying to ruin anyone's theories, as I clearly stated in my post. Please don't come at my throat for something that was very obviously meant as a joke.

Ganondork

goo
Azure sage said:
Relax, man.

I'm not sure why exactly you said this. I was calm, and you were calm. There's no real relaxing to be done.

I wasn't trying to ruin anyone's theories, as I clearly stated in my post.

And nor was I. I was discussing this topic with you (as is the nature of Zelda Theory) using fact that was shown in the game itself. I'm not meaning to ruin your theory, but I'm showing you how it can't be possible.

Please don't come at my throat for something that was very obviously meant as a joke.

I have two major problems with this statement. First, this thread is extremely serious, so a post that is a joke should not be even posted. Keep the jokes to yourself, because jokes do not contribute to the discussion and cause problems like this. Second, I don't see how it's a joke in the first place. You stated your belief, in what way was it a joke? I don't see what's humorous about the post in any way.

I'm not at your throat, I'm helping you understand things. I don't aim to offend, I am just trying to contribute to the actual matter at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom