• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Who is Queen Rutela?

B

bucky

I disagree. I dont think ruto and rutella are the same, however it could be possible given the medieval setting of the game, say ruto became queen she may well have needed to change her name. or perhaps when she became older or reached a certain age she had to change her name it was quite common place in ancient egypt for things like this to occur, specifically with royalty. But no, i dont believe they are the same, purely because of the time that has lapsed and the fact that the water sage was killed. Couldnt be the same.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
A lot of you thought that Queen Rutela, the Zora queen from TP, thought she may be Princess Ruto. There had been quite a few clues to tell if this is true.
Hmmm i don't remember many people stating that Ruto is in fact Queen Rutela, so I wouldn't say a lot of us thought that, maybe a small minority in the least.

TriforceFan said:
still believe Queen Rutela is Princess Ruto grown up. In OoT, when she gave the Zora's Sapphire to Link, she claimed it was called the "Zora's Wedding Ring". But at the end of the game, the Door of Time closes, meaning that the Zora's Sapphire must've returned back to the Zoras. Ruto eventually married and wore the Zora's Sapphire as her necklace and changed her name to Rutela. After a few years, she must've passed away as the Sage of Water and became a guide to Link. Remember that cutscene where one of the Sages from TP got killed by Ganondorf? And how it was the Sage of Water? That has to be Queen Rutela as an adult, although they didn't really show this.

I think there is pretty strong evidence to disapprove that Ruto and Rutela are different beings. For one the sages referred to in TP are the Ancient Sages the same sages that sealed the Sacred Realm. This included Rauru according to HH, now when Link travels 7 years through time in OoT he has to awaken the new sages, including Ruto. Ruto was premature to be a sage prior to this and we know that TP lies on the timeline when Zelda sends Link back to relive his childhood. Now since Ganondorfs plans are foiled he wouldn't be able to curse or kill the Ancient Sages, meaning they would still be alive and meaning that the likes of Ruto would never be a sage.

Another thing is that Queen Rutela is not the sage that Ganondorf kills in the exacution scene, that scene took place several years after OoT and MM, Twlight Princess took place around 500 years later (not canon). Also Rutela states in game that she was killed by Zant, now Zants ruling came to be during the events of the game, possibly during the time when Link was imprisoned insife Hyrule Castle. I think it also states that the sage of water was in fact the King of the Zoras, we visited where his grave laid in TP when Rutela gifted us the Zora armour.[/quote]

I think this more than enough to prove that Rutela isn't Ruto and I think you mainly based your OP of suspicion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom