• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Inspires You?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
We all have someone who inspires us in some way. Whether it be artistically, emotionally, religiously, etc. They're someone we admire, who we look up to and cherish them for who they are. We all have that one person in mind, but who is it? Who's that special person who inspires you the most? Why do they inspire you? Discuss.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have a lot of different inspirations, though my biggest would be Neil Peart.

Neil is the legendary drummer for the band Rush, and his playing style is so unique, and so purely amazing. He is one of the world's best rock drummers, and he certainly deserves it! My playing style is actually greatly inspired by his, so much to the point that I have begun to use some of the advanced techniques that he himself created.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, probably the biggest inspiration even though I don't do anything the same he does would be Noel Gallagher. He was brought up around the same place I was, lots of fighting, sitting on the dole without a job and stuff. But he made something of himself and was really passionate about music, and when I was growing up it was really great to see someone on TV who didn't speak in some posh Southern accent or anything. Even used slang I do. He kind of showed me, and a lot of people around my way, you can make something of yourself no matter what if you really want to. Where you come from or what you did doesn't matter. And of course, kickass music. So, definitely Noel! Love him. Songs like Live Forever and Supersonic were basically my childhood.

In the field I work, though, it'd be the big Gabe Newell. Half Life was the game I played and made me say "I want to make games for a living." It just stunned me. Love me some Gabe.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
omq every celebrity EVER inspires me!!! I look at them and just say "damn I wanna b famous!!"

lol NO.

My immediate family inspires me. Why? Even though I can be bothersome, annoying, needy, etc., they still love and put up with me. No celebrity ANYWHERE would do that for seventeen-and-counting years, or even a week. They would shoot you a "hi" or probably just a glance then go ahead with that stick up their ***. My family cares about me though, so they inspire me to be a somewhat-better-than-criminal type of person. From there, my friends inspire me. Although we joke around a LOT, we still have a general focus in school: do good. We compare grades all of the time and it pushes me to do the best that I can in one sitting. That has gotten me to Rank One of Junior year, so I have a pretty high chance of being Valedictorian of the tiny school. But not just academics-wise, they also make me be a more humorous kind of person. We typicalyl deal in irony, something I never really understood until I met those peeps. :)

The girls that I have as friends also inspire me to be more outgoing and less pessimistic, accepting and less reserved, etc. Before I used to view girls as devils - even through seventh grade - but once I started branching out I began to learn that girls won't give me cooties, that people who have different opinions than mine aren't crazy (well, some of them are :rolleyes:), and more.

So yeah. It's my family and friends who inspire me. And ZD inspires me to at least try things out in life. All of y'all do ;)

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
Gordon Ramsay..

yes the "angry"chef lol.
I remember when I first watched him i though "wow! I love seeing him so mad and I don't know why!!"
then I thought about it and it hit me, he isn't as angry as he is passionate. then it kicked started something in my brain.. " I want to find a career that I can be passionate about everyday for the rest of my life!"
and that's not only when I knew that I had the biggest crush on him (don't ask cause I don't even know lol) but that he inspires me to fine something for my self to love day in and day out.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The Doctor inspires me. Seriously the show has such great quotes and adventures and especially classical Who has a lot of history in it and it inspires me in everything I do

I know it is not real ( :( ) but at least the specches are really great to listen and to show you what you can do and can't. "What's the fun of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?"

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
The Doctor inspires me. Seriously the show has such great quotes and adventures and especially classical Who has a lot of history in it and it inspires me in everything I do

I know it is not real ( :( ) but at least the specches are really great to listen and to show you what you can do and can't. "What's the fun of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?"

That reminded me of this...

tumblr_mo6pgvTeYD1st7ww5o1_500.jpg

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My grandfather is definitely one of my greatest inspirations. He's hard working, supportive, and always optimistic. He is the strongest guy I know and I'm happy that he's in my life.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I gotta say the great director/ screenwriter, Joss Whedon. This man, this wonderful man has been my guiding light. He taught me that the world is hard and it is scary, but there are always the good who will help. He doesn't follow patterns given before him, such as in horror movies. Instead, he goes above and beyond and explains why horror movies are the way they are, in Cabin in the Woods. I praise this man, and not just because he created the character Rex (Toy Story), for he has brought tears to my eyes countless times, and even though I am slightly ashamed of that, he makes me not. He makes people real, and I wish to be like him one day.

Wolves inspire me to be more feral, which is why I like to stare into the mirror for a long while to receive my daily dose of inspiration. It helps me weather the ennui of the mundanity of hume existence...

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
anyone that has had the mind to speak up for what is wrong when everyone else decides to ignore it and pretend to not notice the wrong in it has inspired me to become a better person.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Honestly, I can't think of anyone.

Maybe Annie does a little bit. She's always optimistic and happy all the time. It just inspires me to stop being depressed.

I don't know...

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My immediate life: My fiancee'. He's stood by me under circumstances most would find impossible. He's been there in circumstances of the kind that left even my own family members leaving me out in the cold. He's saved my life - many times over. Ours is a strange relationship, not like most couples, but I think it's the best a person like me could hope for. He's also funny as Hell and has been the direct inspiration for stories I've written and art I've done, as well as for bizarre inside jokes that appear everywhere in even my more serious writings.

Professionally/artistically: Various artists and writers. The Impressionists. Hironymous Bosch. Georgia O' Keefe. Edgar Allen Poe to name famous dead people. Ect. Ect. about any art I see. Yashuhiro Nightow (creator of Trigun). Peter S. Beagle (a fantasy writer of great calibre whose experiences show that just writing great books that get you known around the world won't exempt you from getting screwed over by people and having to spend a lot of your life struggling financially. I've met him. Sweet guy). Madaline L'Engle becuase of how her fantasy books were able to weave spiritual and scientific themes together in ways that make even people who dislike spiritual themes like them. (I've been told by an AIM friend that my own original writing reminds them of hers even though they've only read one of her books. I've only read two, myself, but I still find the style inspiring). I'm a little leery of saying Bono given what lot of people think about him, but I admire crazy wide-eyed idealism, even in highly egoed rock stars.

Religiously and Philosophically (Yes, I'm going there): Jesus Christ... although my beliefs aren't entirely "traditional" anymore. I'm not sure that time and translation has left all the words credited to him accurate, but I'm inspired by the parables, the love for the weak, and the general idea of the Logos of the universe experiencing the painful life of a human just to be with us. I'm not currently an atheist, but if I ever become one, I don't think I'll ever stop being inspired by certain things in the Christian mythos. Although I don't know much about Buddhism, I find myself inspired by the philosophy of impermenance and of non-attatchment. Re-reading some of my writing and analyzing my thoughts makes me wonder if I'm getting slightly Existential, too. I also admire people like a certain Mr. Fred Clark (you've probably never heard of him) who runs the blog "Slacktivist" because he has beliefs, but some of them put them at odds with his "category" and he's not at all afraid to stand up against people of his own "tribe," as it were.

Fictional Inspirations: Vash the Stampede of Trigun. I think upon him whenever I need a shot of Love and Peace. He seriously inspires me because he is a character who tries to foster peace wherever he goes, lives out loving even his enemies (when his eneimes are people who are actually trying to kill him all the time) and sticks by his morality even though it's not easy and it doesn't give him a happy life. His is a story (in either the anime or manga) of honor, of a painful life, but ultimately a good life. I wish I had the guts to put up with the **** he does. Link of Legend of Zelda, in a way, too. He's a very blank character and is your player-avatar, but that little touch of his own character (namely, the courage he respresents) has given me "What Would Link Do?" moments in life. I always feel the inspiration to live my everyday life with a little more courage after completing a Zelda game.

Last edited:

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I admire Gobli. Because he's really nice. He inspires me to keep drawing pretty things.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom