• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who has actually played the CD-I games?

I'm quite curious: Who here has actually played the CD-i games? Especially on the original hardware? I've always wanted to, dispite how bad they're supposed to be. They have such a bad reputation, (probably deserved) but I doubt that many have played them.

I have. I both own and have played all of them.
This might sound hard to believe, but I'm actually quite jealous, lol. CD-is are quite expensive and apparently known t often not work. And Zelda's Adventure now seems crazy expensive and almost impossible to find.

This might sound hard to believe, but I'm actually quite jealous, lol. CD-is are quite expensive and apparently known t often not work. And Zelda's Adventure now seems crazy expensive and almost impossible to find.
hm they used to be rather cheap over on eBay a few years ago. How much are they now?

Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil can be had for under $100 but Zelda's adventure seems to be at least $500. Cd-is themselves can be at least a couple hundred I think, but you have to be careful that they work apparently.

I managed to get it running in the MAME emulator with a couple of minor quirks. They are very hard.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Im kinda curious to play them seeing as how bad a reputation they have.
I managed to get it running in the MAME emulator with a couple of minor quirks. They are very hard.
What emulator is this? I imagine that is the only way people are going to be able to play them now

I own a CDi and all three games. They are certainly the franchise's black sheep, but they don't deserve the hate that people who have not even played them throw at it.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I own a CDi and all three games. They are certainly the franchise's black sheep, but they don't deserve the hate that people who have not even played them throw at it.
That's actually why I would like to play them so I can see for myself what they are like rather than what other people feel

I tried playing one on an emulator but it was controlled by a mouse and was just really lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom