• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Who else Thought of This? (Possible Spoilers)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I put a spoiler prefix because this post will contain some information pertaining to the story, and I know some people don't want to know ANYTHING of the sort before they play the game. Also, sorry if this has been mentioned already.

I remember reading in an article here about how it was stated that Link will sort of "forge the Master Sword along the way". I have an idea as to how. if you watched the video of the Ghirahim boss battle, at the end it fades to black as Link travels up the staircase behind the door Ghirahim was trying to break down. I think at the top of those stairs will be a plot device needed to make the Skyward Sword become the Master Sword. I think it will be similar to collecting the Medallions in OoT or the Mirror Shards in TP. This is just a thought. Anyone else think of that already? Think this could be legit? Let me know.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Knowing how Zelda games work, there will likely be a set of plot devices used to make the Master Sword completely pure. But, I don't think it'll be as linear or...well, boring as collecting Medallions/Fused Shadows because the game is still something different from traditional Zelda formula. I always thought that we would be doing some collecting for the main quest (maybe we get the 'wings' of the Master Sword in that particular dungeon? :xd:), but not what you were thinking, Azure.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm thinking it may be something like MC where we upgrade the sword and make it a bit stronger along the way, and then at the end some huge transformation happens. Or maybe it will be like the Medallions. We'll just have to see.

Edit: To see more on this topic, please read this thread.

Last edited:

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Where I think there will be plot devices needed to form the Master Sword, I don't think that one of them is up that staircase. I just say this because it is only the first temple, and I think the construction of the Master Sword will take place more towards the middle/end of the game.

I dunno, but whatever the case may be, given the context, something important must lie beyond that door.

One could question WHY Link would need to forge a powerful sword. That is to say, for what purpose? For this reason, or lack thereof, I have my doubts that a sword forging plot device will lie beyond the door. It seems rather unlikely that we'd learn early on the true purpose for having to forge a powerful sword. (Argh...I hope I'm making sense here. :S)

But who knows? I personally don't think there's enough to go on just yet.

Also, I'm hoping the forging of the Master Sword isn't a linear and somewhat predictable "collect a number of {placeholder} to obtain {placeholder}" quest. :yes:

I think the forging of the Master Sword has something to do with the Tears collected in the Siren World. Maybe those Tears are used to give the MS it's powers...

I don't think its something that has to do with forging the master sword, I think it might be too early on for that. I think your just looking for Zelda at that point, and that's what you think is behind that door, thats why you travel up the staircase. Think about it, Why would you need too create that master sword if you JUST met the villain (or one of, or maybe he's not the villain) you were creating it for? You can tell you haven't met any bad guy before this, so why would you already be searching? I think its not 'til after this you know what your doing, right now your just trying to save a friend.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I agree with Yonatsef, I think the forging along the way thing has to do with the siren world and the tears.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
i remember reading that somewhere to! It sounds sort of like the forging stuff in Minish cap if i'm not mistaken. but it could also be linked to the siren world, I don't see why not. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think its something that has to do with forging the master sword, I think it might be too early on for that. I think your just looking for Zelda at that point, and that's what you think is behind that door, thats why you travel up the staircase. Think about it, Why would you need too create that master sword if you JUST met the villain (or one of, or maybe he's not the villain) you were creating it for? You can tell you haven't met any bad guy before this, so why would you already be searching? I think its not 'til after this you know what your doing, right now your just trying to save a friend.

I was thinking that maybe, he goes up the stairs because that's where he thinks Zelda is, but ends up finding a plot device instead. But the tears and the Siren World theory... I like that idea. It might be possible.

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
i was thinking that maybe, he goes up the stairs because that's where he thinks Zelda is, but ends up finding a plot device instead. But the tears and the Siren World theory... I like that idea. It might be possible.
As an Add on maybe he's saving Zelda but in the process finds the first plot device that leads toward the Skyword Sword changing to the MS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom