• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who else on here love this cult classic TV series and/or book? And who else on here is head over heels in love with this ship?

"Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett is a TV series worth watching and a book worth reading...

Like thousands of other fans, I'm head over heels in love with this ship:

Also, see the kissing scene from the final episode of season 2:

(Here's my "Good Omens" playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzG_3q50DuPlwlNtfF-HO_faXx2KdSzc8

And here's my "Good Omens" AO3 fanfiction collection:

https://archiveofourown.org/collections/Ineffable_Husbands_fics)

Now every time I here love songs online and on the radio, I'm immediately reminded of these two and one of my top favorite ships. I'm a sucker for this kind of love story and I can't get enough of it.

I'm binge reading a whole bunch of fanfics with this ship lately, especially the ones with the tag "Good Omens (TV) Season 2 Fix-It" and I'm far from the only one. And a whole bunch of people, myself included, can't wait to see what will happen in season 3 of this amazing TV series. Btw, the book (written by Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett) is also really worth reading, and even in the book they act and sound like an old married couple.

Btw, there's already talks of a 3rd season and Neil Gaiman is working on a graphic novel based on the original novel and his graphic novel project is on Kick Starter I think it's called.

Someone posted this very interesting comment online about what's going on in the "Good Omens" TV series (it was a comment made in response to some post someone else made but it's a good comment):

(Quote) "I follow what you mean, though I never got the impression from either the book or the show that God and heaven were synonymous. In fact God as a character in the narrative is totally absent after the crucifixion scene, leaving it kind of vague whether the Angels were even really speaking to God at this point. I think it's more a representation that Gabriel and company are no less flawed and narrow of perspective than any of God's creations. All the demons are still angels of a sort, just as obsessive and dogmatic as they are. Gotta admit it's one of those things where being an episcopalian I'm sure I have different perspective on it than many fans." (Unquote)

Someone asked, Is "ineffable husbands" (Aziraphale/Crowley from "Good omens") canon"? And a username Svanfridur Mura from the U.S.A replied:

(Quote) "Haha, very funny. Why am I answering this seriously? You know the answer. Oh well. Yes, Neil Gaiman has said multiple times that he wrote, the miniseries at least, as a love story, and that he does think the two are in love (whatever type of love you take that to be). He confirmed via a Tweet that after the apocanot (or whatever you wanna call it), they moved in together in a cottage in the South Downs. Also, subtext (thanks to Michael Sheen we have a ton of scenes of Az looking longingly at Crowley). I don't think you can get more canon than an author confirmation, except maybe a love declaration in-story. There are certainly more dubious ships out there. Stop bugging me about this, please and leave us shippers with our OTPs in peace." (Unquote)

Also there's this:

During the kiss at the end of season 2 Aziraphale said: "I L-" (starting a Word with L... Maybe love?) But suddenly he stops and said "I forgive you."

Also, the actors played these two characters as if they were in love with each other and these two characters have dinners together and there are love songs in their scenes. And Michael Sheen (who play Aziraphale) himself is the captain of the ship.

I swear I have yet to find an interview where Michael Sheen doesn’t say Aziraphale is in love with Crowley. Michael Sheen ships Aziraphale and Crowley 500% more than most of the fandom. I’m pretty sure he WROTE most of the fan fiction. After reading the book and looking at fan art and fan fiction, I honestly think he's written some by now whenever he has free time. This ship is definitely canon. And you can not ship them, they are practically married. *beaming*

Concerning the "Crowley was Raphael/an Archangel before his fall" theory:

We have more information now because of season 2, also I think this is even a confirmation. In season 2, Gabriel's "I know" to "it hurts to remember" seems pretty personal. I think Crowley and Gabriel may have had the same level/rank in heaven (if Crowley wasn't even more powerful and competent) since during the meeting about "Armageddon the sequel" Gabriel first says he's "the only first order archangel in the room" then changes to "in the universe actually". Then there's a close-up on Crowley. I wouldn't be surprised if Crowley used to be one of them and ended up having his memory altered or completely wiped when he fell. Knowing Crowley, he would've endured the pain to recover his full knowledge of himself and his past and would have ended with the complete distrust and hate he now has towards The Up.

These words and this close-up on Crowley seem to confirm that Crowley was an Archangel before his fall. Though the name Raphael is never brought up, it would totally make sense if Crowley was Raphael before his fall (there's a lot of good arguments that support that, also Crowley canonically helped create at least 1 nebula and creating stars was one of Raphael's jobs, also in Judaism and Catholicism Raphael's main mentions are his missions of healing and rescue and in the "Good Omens" TV series and book, Crowley bring healing and rescue to Azirphale and help Aziraphale rescue/save the Earth and humanity from destruction/Armageddon). Also, it's very possible that Neil Gaiman love the "Crowley was Raphael" theory and decided that Crowley was an Archangel before his fall/in his past and that he would make that canon in season 2, hence Gabriel's words and this close-up on Crowley, which is pretty much an explicit confirmation that Crowley was an Archangel before his fall. Also, the way Crowley said "You can" when Gabriel said that he can't remember anything from the past. And the fact that Crowley says "Let there be light" like he did before in Heaven might mean that Crowley did regain his memory back.

Kat.

(PS) (I'm searching for other novels similar to "Good Omens", that is a love story about an angel and a fallen angel/demon who fall in love with each other and with both the angel and the fallen angel/demon being flawed and gray areas instead of extreme black and white thinking, but other than "Seven days for an eternity" by Marc Levy I haven't found anything else that's similar to "Good Omens" to that extent. If you know of similar novels with these same characteristics, could you give me the titles and authors' names, please? Give me some suggestions if you have any, I am all ears).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom