• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who else is Going to Avoid News As Possible?

Who else is Going to Avoid News As Possible?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I love Zelda and I hate when I get to spoiled about the story, items, dungeons, etc and when TP was in development I avoided as much as possible about it and I am really happy I did that, so is anyone after E3 2011 not going to watch new trailers, game play videos, etc?, After they give us the release date I might watch one more trailer but.

Edit: The poll supposed to say "Are you going to avoid news like story plot, items, game play moves (you know like if there are hidden skills like in TP), dungeons?.

Edit #2: I put maybe because it depends how much they give us.

Last edited:

skybird11

state alchemist
ill view pics and vidoes and listen to/read theories before release but, once it comes out i want to avoid being told how to do something or where to get something.

My job on ZD is pretty much to speculate, give information, and talk about the game as much as I can as soon as I can, so yeah, I definitely intend to pick apart all the news I can find on the game. Even if that wasn't what I was doing on ZD, I would still do it though. I enjoy getting into the hype surrounding an anticipated game. I know some people think that ruins the game because it raises the expectations too high, but it never has for me the few games I've gotten hyped about. Even Twilight Princess. My impressions of Twilight Princess actually were actually higher when I finally played it. :xd:

I don't regard pre-release information as spoilers. I know some people like to avoid it so the entire game feels fresh, but I don't mind spoiling early portions as I feel they're like public knowledge and that those early portions and pre-release info is kind of like the information you're supposed to use to decide if you want to buy the game, so I always research that stuff as soon as possible usually. Not that I would consider not buying a Zelda game, but I have no reason to exclude Zelda from my normal routine when it comes to new games. :bleh:

it depends on what the news is. this is the first zelda game i have ever followed. usually i don't know anything about a game when i first play it. i am little worried about what they have said and shown. there are some things i wish they had not talked about because i would rather be surprised. the only news article i will read is the one telling us when the release date is because i think i know too much as it is.

M

master of loz

I don't want to know everything about the game before it comes out, but I would like to know some stuff like the release date, if it will be a good game, ect.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I voted "No", because I pretty much am dying for information about the game. With new bits of gameplay or storie or pictures, it rehypes me up for the game.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
You know what's funny after TP was released that was the last game where I did not get spoiled (the most game I got spoiled with was Spirit Tracks...I saw the part to much and I did not get surprised to much because of it) so that's why I really don't want to get spoiled to much in SS because I want to have lots of surprises...But I am thinking of watching one more trailer just to get super hyped (even though I already am super hyped lol).

Nicole

luke is my wife
I voted for "Maybe." I try my hardest not to get too excited over games in order to protect my own sanity. When I want something really bad, that thing tends to gnaw at the back of my mind constantly. I worry that if I get too over-excited about Skyward Sword, I'll never be able to stop thinking about it. For example, a few years ago, I discovered Twilight Princess. I asked my mom to buy it for my birthday, and she did a few days before. So it was sitting in my house days before I was supposed to get it. Eventually I convinced my mother to give it me early, because I REALLY wanted it.

So far, I really haven't even watched most of the trailers that have been unveiled, or speculated about the game at all. I haven't been theorizing about SS, because I have stayed away from most of the released information. That is partially because of what I explained previously, but also because I don't like to speculate without getting the full story, which only the actual game can provide. So, in a nutshell, I will be staying away from most news, but not all. Little things I will stay away from, but bigger things I do like to hear about.

I'll take whatever news I can get. I like news, but I always seem to get the right amount without necessarily spoiling myself to death.

By the way, I chose option 3, Maybe.

Djinn

and Tonic
I would definitely say no, I love any and all news I can find so I can immediately begin speculating on what is going on, their meanings, or any other deeper aspects of the story I can gleam. I like to break down all the info I find and speculate whatever I can from the little snippets of information and few screenshots released. Even after a game is out I love to make the connections and theorize on what is actually happening in Hyrule on a deeper level. Even if there is none it is still fun to think about it.

Also it kinda is my job around here is to search all over for any possible news on all upcoming Zelda games and post my findings. With that I think it would be impossible for me to actually avoid any news that comes out. I hear about almost everything when it comes to light either by discovering it myself or looking over someone else's findings.

With a game I do not even consider things like spoiling, so learning all storypoints do not bother me at all. The fun is in the actual gameplay not the story. The story only adds to the flavor of the game and makes things a little more interesting, as well as making more sense and giving reasons behind the hero's adventure. That and I also believe that any promotional material released before a game comes out is nothing spoilerish at all. Not when all the info mentioned months before a game comes out is generally printed on the back of the box the game comes in. Developers are clearly not going to reveal any truly important aspects of the game or special plot points in an E3 demo. So I do not think there is much to worry about there at all.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Count in the whole speculation stuff to the final price of the game (about 40$), because the whole pre-speculations are so awesome (even better than a playable demo) :D
I've voted No ;)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
This is exactly how I feel. I like maybe one or two previews, but after that, I don't want ANY information. It only would spoil the game for me. My mind goes into detail about even the slightest information. Thus if that information is presented to me early, I begin discovering things about the game I would have wanted to discover as I play. I love to be surprised by things in the moment. So when it comes to movies, games, etc... I really want to leave the surprising to the story itself, not to everyone whose experienced it.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
In fact, as soon as the game releases Im going offline as soon as I get and play through it.

The first time I played OoT I already knew everything, so the Zelda/Sheik surprise wasnt surprising. And i lately played the Oracles and again nothing "new" to me. So Im looking forward to this game as something I dont know, the I dont even know how the box looks like. I want from the every moment I have the box in the store I can say "OMG I GOT IT"/

That is what I want, and aside as Random Person said, once you get some information you can assume what happens, so yeah Ill avoid it as much as I can. Of course a trailer or two wont ruin the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom