• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zelda will we see at e3 2018?

There seem to be a lot of rumoured Zelda games in development that could potentially show up at e3 2018.

Skyward Sword HD will happen at sone point, so we could see that.

There are rumours of Grezzo working on a title that could very well be a new original entry.

We also know that Aonuma has been working hard trying rework the 2D Zelda concept and that production on Zelda Switch has already begun.

So which Zelda, if any, do you think we may see at e3 this year?

Ninja

Well well well
Skyward Sword HD.
Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask port for a cash grab.
ALttP port for a cash grab.

If we're seeing anything Zelda related in E3, SS HD is the best bet.

Can't say anything about a new Grezzo game, seeing as we're still in the rumors phase.

As for Zelda Switch, one in a billion chance they'll have anything ready to show by summer if it just begun development.

Quin

Disaster Master
Worst case we get SS HD or another remake.
Best case we get a new 2D title.
Most likely case we get nothing and thats fine.
Case from a totally different timeline is that Grezzo is making an original oot style 3D zelda. I don't even dare to think about this one.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Considering that rumors of botw started in late 2011 I believe and took 6 years to come to fruition, I would highly doubt that we would see a switch title until a few years have passed

It's about the time since the last one for there to be a new smaller/handheld Zelda game announced. Not sure what the existence of the Switch (being a home-console portable system hybrid) would mean for that -- are we talking a small Switch game or a 3DS game? -- but I suspect we'll be seeing that at E3, whether it's Grezzo's project, the 2D thing, or whatever.

That's a very good point.
I kinda doubt we get anything Zelda related at E3.
The average gap between handheld Zelda games is about 3 years (often it's 2, but sometimes it's 4). It's been 3 years since Triforce heroes (and if for whatever reason you don't count that, it's been 5 since A Link Between Worlds). And there's also usually only a 2-year gap or so between Zelda remakes, and the last one there was almost 2 years ago, so we're due for something.

(Or rather, it'll have been about 3/2 years since the last handheld game/remake by the time they're likely to actually release, assuming they are announced at E3. =P )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom