• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Zeld Game is the Best in Your Opinion?

Ok so we were asked what games had the worst bosses I want to know which games you guy think is the best, I would have to go with OoT, if I had played MM it would be very close between the two but since I haven't I'm going with OoT and these are three reasons why.

1. Exploration.
When I first played OoT I was amazed at the size of the seemingly magical virtual world, there was always something to find, something to explore secrets to see, new places to see and people to meet it seemed endless and I loved it no game I had played before had anything like it, it was an awesome experience.

2. Time travel.
OoT was the first game that I played that offered the concept of time travel, although I was familiar with it I had never gotten to use such an awesome concept in a game before, it offered the chance to explore hyrule twice over and getting to play as adult link and child link was one of the coolest things I have seen in a game and have missed it in the newer games, seeing how time has effected the people and places in the game was just simply awesome.

3. The characters.
As all of you know the Zelda games are known for their memorable characters and OoT has some of my Favorite ones, when I played OoT I had never seen such funny, creepy, helpful, unhelpful, annoying, lovable characters in any game before from Zelda her self to Dampe they are all unique, awesome characters and the game wouldn't be what it is without them, and yes I even like Navi as annoying as she can be it wouldn't be the same without her.

those are three reasons why OoT is the best game in my opinion, so which do you think is the best game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
For me, it's pretty much a tie between Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and A Link to the Past. They each have specific things (that would be too much to go into detail with without writing a novel) that are superior to the other games in such a way that they're all basically balanced in terms of overall quality. At least in my opinion. So, yeah, a four-way tie.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
A Link to the Past is the best Zeld (:right:) game in my opinion. The plot was is one of the clasic Zelda plots, it had many great dungeons, great boss fights, good plot twists, and many items which is good. Developers should look to this game as a guide when making their next one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game in my opinion, paralleled by Majora's Mask and A Link to the Past.

1. Exploration (OoT, ALttP)
2. Open ended-ness (OoT, ALttP)
3. Amazing NPCs, unparalleled ever (MM)
4. Breathtaking sidequests, even if only for their time (all)
5. A true Zelda experience

There's more, but those three games are just the best imo.

I haven't played ALttP but I hear it is one of the best, but out of all the Zelda games I own and have played nothing beats OoT3D, OoT's symbol should be a scarab beetle its the Egyptian symbol for resurrection, OoT just keeps coming back it won't die, its the Ganondorf of video games, it dies then comes back, dies, comes back, rinse and repeat.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
The best Zelda game in my opinion is Twilight Princess I just think it's better than Alttp and Oot why just those two? Mostly because those are the ones a lot of people will say.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Majora's Mask, hands down.

If this game were a woman, I wouldn't even marry it because I would never be good enough for her.

The dungeons were some of the best in the series; they were interesting as well as truly challenging. Each area had a real sense of identity and uniqueness which was accentuated by the slight changes to the theme that played in them. Becoming a Zora, a Goron and a Deku added depth to the gameplay and was just hugely refreshing. Still is in fact. Gameplay, music, dungeons, everything in the game is just done to such incredible quality that I can't help but love the game.

For me though, it's the stories of the game. The intense focus on side-quests really helps make Clock Town and all of Termina feel like a real living, breathing place. There isn't any other Zelda game in which we get to really know the people inhabiting it. Hell, there aren't many games in general that do that, and the ones that do don't do it as well as Majora's Mask.

To highlight what I mean, the first time I completed the Anju-Kafei storyline, I was stanidng in the room with Anju as she waited for Kafei, only hours from the end of the world. She was so calm and patient, just waiting for him, convinced he would show up based purely off his promise. All around her is chaos, panic and fear but her lover's promise was enough to make her stay and wait. Meanwhile, I was bloody restless! I was panicking like the ****ens thinking Kafei wasn't going to show up or he'd show up too late and the Moon would destroy us all. I was consumed with fear while she just sat there with this little smile on her face and I realised that her love for Kafei was so strong that she didn't even care that she was about to die.
It was a little moment in a huge and epic adventure that really had a real, emotional impact on me. I smiled too and decided to wait patiently with her. Whether Kafei showed up or not, that wasn't important. What was important was that Skull Kid had tried to destroy her life by taking her love away but it was too strong even for all of his curses. It might sound really stupid or whatever but seeing Anju resist Skull Kid in that way really motivated me to resist him too. At the time I was completing my Bomber's Notebook because I was having too much trouble solving Stone Tower Temple. But that moment with Anju inspired me to re-double my efforts and conquer the damn Temple.

By focussing upon the people living in the world, Majora's Mask was the first game that really went to length to show me why I had to save it. Usually we're just told that we have to save it because of destiny or circumstance or whatever but Majora's Mask really made you understand what you were saving.
Majora's Mask just had more heart than any other Zelda and for that it will always hold the position of my favourite game of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom