• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Timeline Would You Like to See Continued?

This thread is probably alive and kicking somewhere else but I can't find it if it is. So...

Now that the Hyrule Historia has given light to the timelines I'm curious to know which timeline people would like to see continue next. (I know Nintendo will continue them all in due time) but which would you all be excited to see next?

I would personally like to see a 3d/home console continuation of Hyrule's Decline and The Last Hero timeline (AKA the hero of time is defeated timeline) I'd like to see this because the games included in this timeline seem almost non-canon with very little story connecting them, I'd like to see a game in that time line that gives a new life to that branch of the timeline.

What would everyone else like to see?

Rare Addict

Site Staff
While I would eventually like to see more adventures in New Hyrule, the Timeline that I am personally the most invested in is the Child one. I have mixed feelings about Majora's Mask as a whole, but it undoubtedly expanded the mythology of Zelda a great deal. Additionally, Twilight Princess -- well, that's just my favorite video game of all time.
tongue.gif
A title that expands upon the events of the latter, especially, would be a dream-come-true for me.

The Failure Timeline. ALTTP-OOS-OOA-LA-LOZ-AOL: Those are some of my favorites in the series. Miyamoto talked about an A Link to the Past sequel. I would love a sequel following the event of Link's Awakening directly and leading up to LoZ. The game could start with a view of the ocean, and Link, Hero of Hyrule, floating homeward on a small piece of wood. He reaches shore only to discover that Hyrule has been taken over in his absence by a new villain or perhaps Ganon or something and everyone thought him to be dead after saving Labyrnna.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Honestly, I'd be happy with any timeline they continue. I'd love too see a continuation after Spirit Tracks with new areas, maybe more sailing.

I'd also love to see some sort of sequel in the Child Timeline

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
While my ultimate goal is to see a game that incorporates ALL the timelines (SS) doesn't count. If I had to choose one, it'd be the child timeline. Why?

1. The child timeline is where the Hero of Time is and he's my favorite Link. I would like to know what happened to him after MM but before TP. There is a chance that he goes back to the adult timeline since WW says he did a bunch of stuff he didn't do.

2.Storywise, I most interested in the child timeline. It seems like the continuation of the main story of Zelda while the other timelines seem like "meanwhile, in the other timeline" stories.

2. I don't take the adult timeline as serious as I do the child timeline. The adult timeline is filled with games that have very playful atmospheres. The fact that the Hyrule of old is gone leaves me not really caring storywise. When I play Zelda, I feel as though I'm filling in gaps that explain things in other games and the adult timeline really doesn't do that for me. Not to say I don't like those games (WW and ST were very fun).

3. The third timeline I really don't care for. It seems so scattered, made up, and I haven't played alot of its games.

I'm also a fan of seeing more games come out of the child timeline. It seemed like it had the most potential for new games with the same reoccurring major villains. I'd like to see more coming out of "The Shadow Era" that Four Swords touched on.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hero Defeated and Child Timelines at this point are the most interesting to me.. But I'd easily pick Child because that's the best timeline in my opinion. It has Hero of Time. It has TP released on it and thus we could totally see what happens beyond TP. Perhaps we get a villain with substance this time around.

N64 Link saved Termina on his second quest, but what did he do then? No princess to save and no moon to destroy, did he find a THIRD alternate dimension or stay up in his tree?

Tough question. OoT/MM are two of my favorite games, and the HoT is probably my favorite Link. It would be neat to see more adventures with him, but we are a couple of console generations and many many many new Zelda games away from him. I doubt we will see him come back. If he does though, with OoT3D I bet the 3DS game would be the one he would appear on if he does.

With TP and beyond though, eh. I liked TP just fine, but never felt all that connected to it. Even with all the OoT references. I never played 4swords so I don't have much connection with that timeline beyond MM.

The Adult has WW, the only game I played on that timeline. It could be interesting but unless they make a WW prequel what can they do? If they make another sequel to ST...Well with the way technology improves we would be seeing Link in a plane or something.

I would say the Fallen Timeline. ALttP and it's sequels are amazing. The original titles are great too. I would love to see another game on that timeline. However I wouldn't be surprise if Nintendo is done with it and would rather throw in connections to more modern games.

N64 Link saved Termina on his second quest, but what did he do then? No princess to save and no moon to destroy, did he find a THIRD alternate dimension or stay up in his tree?

Well since the Hero's Shade in TP is the same Link, I reckon he made it back to Hyrule at some point. Maybe directly after MM or maybe he had more adventures in-between.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I would like to see more building off of the Majora's Mask timeline and it's continuation. Perhaps some explanation of the war in Hyrule and Ganondorfs rise to power in Ocarina of Time.

The Adult has WW, the only game I played on that timeline. It could be interesting but unless they make a WW prequel what can they do? If they make another sequel to ST...Well with the way technology improves we would be seeing Link in a plane or something.

I can't see a WW prequel happening since there was supposed to be no hero at the time, but then again the Valley of the Flood rumour interested me greatly and a prequel to WW would certainly be interesting. =] Link would look absolutely awful on a plane. After ST i'm very worried about what Nintendo are going to do next in that timeline.

Its interesting at the moment that the timelines seem to be rather balanced; child and adult both have 3 games to them (though i really don't like where FSA is.... i guess it works but i still dont like it) whereas the Failure timeline has the most by a wide margin but very little story and mythos surrounding them. Though right now, as long as we don't see Link in a plane, then i'm happy.

O

ocarina of link

child timeline

all my favorite games are on this timeline
hero of time is my favorite link
i feel like its the main timeline and is the most serious of them all
id rather the setting be in hyrule than in anywhere else

I would kind of like to see them continue the one with Moajora's Mask. I think it would be interesting what they do with it.

Links travels after Najoras Mask. It was cool that they introduced a new world to play on and I hope to see them do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom