• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages Which One is Better?

Which Oracle game to you like most?

• Oracle of Seasons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Ages

• Undecided (do your best to pick a favorite)

• Total voters
The Oracle games are two of my favorites, but I've always enjoyed playing through oracle of seasons more, I like the bosses and the puzzles more in this game. I want to know what you guys think, which one do you prefer, and why?

The only problem with Oracle of Ages was that I found myself wandering around trying to find out what to do a lot more, which can be frustrating, I still love the game though, it definitely has the better story of the two.

Edit: oracle of ages also has the better villain in my opinion.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Oracle of Ages. Seasons was mainly combat...which the 2D titles are bad at anyway. Ages offered puzzle, which any Zelda can do right.

Both games are equal.

Oracle of Ages has the superior narrative, overworld, and puzzles. Seeing areas like symmetry Village transform from a run down, volcano plagued town in the past to a happy suburbia in the future vies with Ocarina of Time for worthwhile time changes.

Oracle of Seasons, on the other hand, trumps its counterpart in terms of combat and final boss. In his dragon form, Onox is quite a challenge. Also, if you're feeling nostalgic, the game was intended as a remake of the NES original incorporating elements such as the same bosses.

Usually when I played the linked game, I journey through Holodrum followed by Labrynna. Beating Veran later is a better set-up for the linked game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I prefer the puzzles of Ages and the combat in Seasons.

In my opinion they are about the same in quality just the focus of each was slightly different.

This is really all I can say on the matter. The focus of each game is in totally different directions. Ages is more unique in its puzzle focus, featuring (more) original bosses and directives; Seasons takes to the hills with its action-focus, featuring some recycled bosses and more concrete directions on where to go and what to do. I cannot rank either one higher than the other, and it's all due to bias. Which one have i PLAYED through more? OoS. Which is the better one of the two? I won't vote for either, because they're both awesome...just a different kind of awesome.

I personally preferred Ages, but then I never actually finished Seasons, so I can't really call my opinion "informed"...

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I guess it all depends on what you like more, combat, or better puzzles. I think Oracle of Ages is the better game.

ssbawesome

The Eigth Sage
Seasons lacked original bosses and dungeon layouts. They were based off of the original LoZ. Seasons was funner to play because you could manipulate the seasons to reach different areas.

Ages had interesting new bosses, although they could be a pain to defeat. The Harp of Ages was more unique than the Rod of Seasons because you could travel through time. And you didn't have to stand on stump, you just had to be near a portal. Also, Ages' puzzles were more difficult making them more frustrating but more fun.

In my opinion, no game was superior to the other. Just different elements made each game funner at different points of the game.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Oracle of Seasons is better, but both games are worse than Link's Awakening, because they are more "complicated".

In Oracle of Ages, there are two overworlds with large maps (Past & Present), kinda like ALttP's Light & Dark World. In ALttP, you can explore a majority of the Light World before even going to the Dark World. Unreachable places can be reached later from the Dark World by using the Magic Mirror. In OoA, you will go to the past rather early in the game. Unlike "finishing" the Light World by exploring the Dark World, switching the time period in Ages makes the exploration more difficult.

In Oracle of Seasons, there is only one large overworld map and second smaller "underworld" map. There are four seasons in the game, but unlike time periods in OoA, all of them share the same overworld map.

I like exploration like Link's Awakening (uncovering all squares on the map), but in this case, OoA is again worse - if this game is played first, one square on the Sea of Storms in the Present (surrounded by whirlpools on adjacent squares) cannot be reached at all. There is no problem with this if OoA is played second. OoS made this better - you can always explore all squares in both ways (played first or second, doesn't matter).

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Link's Awakening is an amazing game. A dark and different game. Its like MM, but so unknown its earned cult status in my book. The puzzles and battles are classic and yet original. The Oracle games steal LA's thunder. (Yeah, i know this is off-topic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom