• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Which Mirror Shield is Your Favourite One and Why?

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
The Mirror Shield is an iconic and awesome weapon in the Zelda series, which usually is received later in the game. I have always been intrigued (please forgive me my grammar?) by these shields, as they seem mysterious and magical. They are not you're average every day shield which are made by Hyrulian blacksmiths. It's almost like every shield has their own mythology behind them, before Links find them.

I'm very curious if you guys have any theories or opinions on these shields? My personal favourite is the one from Majora's (not, not a fanboy talking), simply because it's a face that seems to be screaming in agony. Why is this? Who does it ressemble? It very much fits the theme of the game, but I still find it one of the most disturbing Zelda items untill this day. The sudden switch between Mirror Shield design in the OoT series has amazed me somehow too. Is this because the original had a religious symbol or is it something else?

evolution_of_link__s_mirror_shield_wallpaper_by_blueamnesiac-d4l4gfw.png

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ocarina of Time v1.0 is and will always be the best design. Lighting wise, I prefer Wind Waker HD because the reflected light is beautiful!

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
The later one from OoT, why? Because it looked freaking awesome with the Red Tunic on. (I've only play 1.0, but the picture of the other one looks cooler in my opinion)
The second would be the Wind Waker, The Shield was well designed, matched the Master Sword and like Ventus said, the light was beautiful!!

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
The second would be the Wind Waker, The Shield was well designed, matched the Master Sword and like Ventus said, the light was beautiful!!

I like your point how it matches the Master Sword. The blue frame of the shield does make those two one heck of a combo.

I was reading on Zelda Wiki on these mirror shields, and I came across something weird. The face on the mirror shield in MM resembles a mask the Happy Mask Salesman has on him. The plot thickens wouldn't you agree? These small things make me love Nintendo so much! Food for thought

300px-Hmsmasks1.jpg

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The original OoT shield is the best. There's no topping that awesome crescent design. It looks awesome when it's reflected. It's a shame it's been censored. People with later versions of OoT have a descent symbol, but it's not quite as cool.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If we're taking visually then two stick out to me: Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker. The former version is very odd in design which makes it unique, or screaming outline of a face embedded on the the face of the shield really stood out to me and it's quite spooky. This all firsts) fits in with the odd theme of the game entirely really. The latter shield just looks amazing, I've never been a fan of how epic the Mirror Shield looks, it bears little in comparison to the famous Hylian Shield. This version, however, doesn't look like a novelty and it looks like a grand shield especially with the royal blue outline and the Triforce at the centre.

If we're talking about usage then a better title would be: "Which game utilises it best?" the answer to this would again be the two titles I mentioned previously. MM really makes use of this within Ikana Castle and in the boss fight itself and it also plays a vital role in the Stone Tower Temple where it makes full usage of the reflecting light concept. TWW also puts the Mirror Shield to good use, this time within the Earth Temple. This temple really has some great puzzles and that's mostly down to this item; the Mirror Shield.

I appreciate the Mirror Shield's design in A Link to the Past because it actually reminds me of a mirror. The yellow "mirror" part is the foreground and the darker border comprises the background. Its color scheme is also unique since the other mirror shields have a lighter silver hue.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
For me, the Wind Waker one is my favorite. I love how vibrant the blue border of the shield compliments the shiny and beautiful surface of the shield. Just look at it.

120px-Mirror_Shield.png

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
For me, first place would be the mirror shield from WW/TMC. I really like the whole 3 points at the top design. Plus it looks the most like the Hylian shield out of the 6. Plus a big thing for me is that the triforce is actually on it as opposed to the other designs which just don't do it for me (MM one is creepy…)

Second place would be ALttP. I feel like such a badass walking around with a big golden shield that's basicly the same height as me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom