• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Which Link do you think got the best ending? The worst?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
All the Link's have had varying levels of success in their lives after their adventure. Some went on to do great things; some, not quite as great. Either way, which Links do you believe had the happiest and most tragic ending?

I would say SS Link likely had the best ending, it being implied that he marries Zelda and founds Hyrule. As for the most tragic Link, ALttP would be my choice, his whereabouts being unknown after the events of LA and the disappearance of Marin, an implied love interest.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I feel like it's probably a toss up between SS or WW for happiest endings. As you mentioned, SS Link looked to live out a peaceful life with Zelda while founding Hyrule. Based on WW's ending, he wound up travelling the seas with Tetra. Looks like a pretty happy ending there too.

Worst endings would probably be, as you mentioned, LA, for the same reasons.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
This is based completely on my headcanons, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

Worst ending Link is OoT. He's a grown man and forced to take the body of a child again, and then his best friend deserts him and while looking for her, gets caught in the Termina time loop.

Best ending is TP, he gets to go back to Ordon, settle down, marry Ilia. True, we see him leaving, but that's why I wrote my fanfic :)

I have a serious headcanon addiction please help.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Headcanons do not just mean you can rewrite things you don't like smile
I never really said there was anything I didn't like tho. I said that's why I wrote my fic because I was explaining what I thought happened.
Based on WW's ending, he wound up travelling the seas with Tetra. Looks like a pretty happy ending there too.
PH?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’d argue that WW link doesn’t have that happy of an ending since we clearly see that he has to leave is home and family behind for good, along with all of the friends he made in PH (though linebeck is shown to leave the realm of the ocean king too). OoT Link also doesn’t have the happiest ending because of his eternal doom to wander as a stalfos just because he was searching for Navi, and still never found her.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
OoT Link also doesn’t have the happiest ending because of his eternal doom to wander as a stalfos just because he was searching for Navi, and still never found her.
This theory has always left me confused due to the fact that we know the Hero of Time had children due to the Hero of Light being his direct descendant, as well as his figure having a ghostly look rather than strictly being a skeleton. I also always interpreted the grave in the Castle Graveyard to be of the Hero of Time.
"The cursed swordsman...sleeps before...the sacred tree."

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
although n64 link didn't have a terribly good fate, we do ease his regrets in twilight princess so that at least gives him closure, and of course things looked pretty bad for him after link's awakening, but I feel like I saw some info somewhere that said that the streetpass man in ALBW was related to that hero or something? plus there's the whole oracles timeline switch and I don't freaking know, I'll say toon link for leaving his grandma and sister at the age of freaking 12

SS definitely leaves off in a good note, but in zelda 2 we see him literally get w/ zelda at the end, not sure if he still had to deal w/ ganon's followers so I'll just say SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom