• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Kirby Games Was Your Favorite?

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
^ "Which Kirby Games *Were* Your Favorite?"

As you guys know, "Kirby's Return to Dreamland" was released recently. And I've been really enjoying it! In fact, I may like it a little more than "Kirby: The Crystal Shards" for the N64. But I dont know if its my favorite Kirby game yet though, Super Star Ultra is Really good too. Hmmm.

So guys, What your Favorite Kirby game?
P.S. Sword Kirby is Reference to Link, Therefore, he is EPIC!
sword.jpg

Last edited:
I'm part of the small minority, but Epic Yarn would have to be my favorite. (Closely followed by Canvas Curse, and maybe even Mass Attack once I finish that game.)

Epic Yarn is unfairly judged because of the Kirby purists who believe any non-traditional Kirby game is an abomination. I haven't played Return to Dreamland, but it looks interesting and I plan to purchase that game for Christmas.

Anyways, for the sake of comparison matters:

List of Kirby Games

Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kirby's Pinball Land
Kirby's Block Ball
Kirby Star Stacker
Kirby's Adventure
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Kirby Air Ride
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Kirby: Squeak Squad
Kirby Mass Attack
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland

That's a total of 20 Kirby games and how many of those are "traditional" Kirby games? (According to the fanbase.)

About 9/20 of those games are considered traditional Kirby games. Hell, might as well not even count the first Kirby game as a Kirby game since it doesn't have copy abilities which is apparently what makes Epic Yarn "not a Kirby game."

Anyways, mini-rant over. The majority of Kirby games are traditional.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I'm part of the small minority, but Epic Yarn would have to be my favorite. (Closely followed by Canvas Curse, and maybe even Mass Attack once I finish that game.)

Epic Yarn is unfairly judged because of the Kirby purists who believe any non-traditional Kirby game is an abomination. I haven't played Return to Dreamland, but it looks interesting and I plan to purchase that game for Christmas.

Anyways, for the sake of comparison matters:

List of Kirby Games

Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kirby's Pinball Land
Kirby's Block Ball
Kirby Star Stacker
Kirby's Adventure
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Course
Kirby no Kirakira Kizzu
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Kirby Air Ride
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Kirby: Squeak Squad
Kirby Mass Attack
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland

That's a total of 20 Kirby games and how many of those are "traditional" Kirby games? (According to the fanbase.)

About 9/20 of those games are considered traditional Kirby games. Hell, might as well not even count the first Kirby game as a Kirby game since it doesn't have copy abilities which is apparently what makes Epic Yarn "not a Kirby game."

Anyways, mini-rant over. The majority of Kirby games are traditional.
I always thought Epic Yarn was mistreated like you said. It was treated very unfairly, and is a respectfull addition to the Kirby franchise :)

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Out of what I've played, Kirby:Mass Attack. But when I pick Return to Dreamland up this weekend it will no doubt top that as I've never before played a traditional console Kirby. Oh and for the record, Epic Yarn looks better than it plays. It's a shame-the concept was good but the game was sub par.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Well, KEY wasn't originally going to be a Kirby game, they just shoehorned him in.

Anyways, I'd have to say my favorite is Kirby Super Star Ultra. I have so much nostalgia for the old one (probably more than any other game) so an updated version with new modes is only icing on the cake!

I just love Mirror Kirby.

Mirror.png

F*** yeah, magicians, b****.

S

sword kirby

My favourite Kirby game is the crystal shards because you could combine powers. It was fun experimenting with different power and see what it did. My favourite combination was refrigerator.

And yes I know I'm EPIC

My favorite is Kirby super star ultra,but I haven't play Returns to Dreamland yet,and amazing mirror was awesome too.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Kirby Super Star for the SNES was what got me hooked on Kirby games and is still one of my favorites. I loved the remake for the DS, it is fun to take such a great game anywhere I go. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards for the N64 is also a personal favorite of mine, I loved the depth of the 3D and the ability to mix power-ups. Those two are my favorites but all the Kirby games have been great, even Kirby's Epic Yarn. I haven't played Mass Attack or Return to Dreamland but I am hoping to pick them up soon.

My favorite Kirby game would have to be Nightmare in Dreamland for the GBA. I just thought that it was better than the original version on the NES, and I played that game all the time. I wish that I wouldn't have lost it in my old house... ::dry:

Claire

The Geekette
I kind of love Kirby. I mean, who doesn't? He's adorable! I don't own all of the Kirby titles, so forgive me if I seem to skimp over a game that everyone loves, but my favorite is Kirby's Adventure. I recently started playing Kirby's Adventure again on the NES. It's a late release for the NES, granted, but it is memorable enough to be identified as a classic. It is a platform game, which I love. It is that sort of trademark of an NES game. Kirby was unique in the fact that he was able to take on the powers of his enemies. It is simplistic in nature, but you may find yourself puzzled in certain areas where you must acquire the powers of certain enemies to carry on a specific path, or to continue on the path you were traveling. Kirby seems like an unlikely hero, but you must admit that even when it seems Nightmare might win.. cuteness prevails, and being happy wins. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom