• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Ganon/Ganondorf Did You Like Best?

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
My favorite Ganondorf was TP Ganondorf. I liked how he looked so much how I imagined. He just seems more like a Ganondorf than OoT.

Ganondorf's End..jpg

R

Rauru

TP Ganondorf, he looked so evil and badass. By the time i played TP i completely forgot about who he was (somehow), so when they introduced him.. i was generally frightened:(.
Then when he turned into Ganon(boss fight) i remembered who he was and all the memories slapped me round the face...
(great feeling)

Nye Pendragon

derparific
That's an easy one: TP Ganondorf. Seriously, just look how omnious he is...
His design and presence in the game was epic; too bad the boss fight was a joke, even though it was nice to look at. |D;

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I prefer the OoT Ganondorf. That's where ganon did the biggest damage ever possible to any Zelda game.

Sure, in TP he used Zant and is the mastermind of the entire Disaster that befall Hyrule, but Ganondorf did his biggest misdeeds during his 7 year reign in OoT. He held the Gorons prisoner, Froze Zora River, Destroyed Link's Home at Kokiri Forest, awakened Bongo-Bongo from his deep dark slumber and turned hyrule into a desolate wasteland.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Definately Ocarina of Time Ganondorf. I just didn't like the way he looked in TP. To me, he just looked old and a little overweight. :P
In OoT he looked like he had more energy and vigor, and just a lot more kicka**. Plus, he looks more sinister in this game.

R

Rauru

TP Ganondorf, he looked so evil and badass. By the time i played TP i completely forgot about who he was (somehow), so when they introduced him.. i was generally frightened:(.
Then when he turned into Ganon(boss fight) i remembered who he was and all the memories slapped me round the face...
(great feeling)

Remove this i thought it didn't send properly..

C

chrono trigger

well... i really liked the boss fight with him in wind waker, but i must agree he looks badass in TP

B

BlackDragon88

I don't know... I like The Twilight Princess one because he's human looking but I like the OoT Ganon... I will say TP ganon because he's more... wow you guys said it badass! :lol:

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I think OoT Ganondorf is by far the best rendition.

(Spoiler warning!)

Personally, I think the development of OoT Ganondorf is the best. This is for the simple reason that he plays such a role in the story and changes the world dramatically, which was quite the plot twist after getting the Master Sword. The events afterward give Link a lot of character development and motivation to save Hyrule, where his evil showed more impact on the characters than it does in any other game.
Ganondorf, already a king, is clearly not satisfied with the level of power he has; so he sets out to pry all the remaining pieces of the Triforce from their live containers to gain the pathway to the gods, and become a god/demigod.
OoT Ganondorf's acts of thievery, mass murder, pillaging, regicide, attempted genocide, and physically warping the landscape are a direct attempt to leave the world in shambles and upset Link and Zelda, so he can lure them to obtain their pieces of the Triforce. OoT Ganondorf really takes this to a personal level, and he ruins Link's childhood, surrounding Link's home with monsters to torment and kill the Kokiri, and murders Zelda's parents and destroys their home. As young Link, Link explores the diverse and beautiful land of Hyrule and meets its inhabitants, before they too, are ripped away from him. Ganondorf's entire plan rests on the notion of tormenting the people of Hyrule until they need a hero to save them. What's truly evil is that becoming the ruler of Hyrule is not even his goal, and that the power of being a tyrant is only a step in his plan to enable him to make people suffer enough for them to lead the hero to him.

We don't see much of character development in TP Ganondorf, nor do we see him be very evil at all. He's hardly there for most of the game, which doesn't allow him to have much of an impact on the story. TP Ganondorf doesn't use psychological warfare against his enemies like he does in OoT, and he's not nearly as Machiavellian. He doesn't really show any sort of evil schemes or grandiose demonstrations of evil as he does in OoT, either. Sure, TP Ganondorf looks more "badass," but isn't that mostly because of the graphics?

To me, it's definitely the actions that make the villain, and OoT Ganondorf outshines all other Ganondorfs in this regard astronomically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom