• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Should I Play? FS or OoX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played 6 games to date. OoT, MM, MC, PH, ST and TP. I want to play another to cure the itch while I wait for the new 3DS one. I have narrowed 10 down to 3 due to various factors.

Biggest factor is I have a full time job (which becomes more than 40 hours a week from October-April) mixed in with I'm not a hardcore gamer, so I am slow, games take me forever.

First game I eliminated was SS. This is because I don't own a Wii, don't want to buy one and borrowing one would only infuriate the owner, as this game would take me months at least. Plus the only thing I ever play for the Wii is Brawl, with Gamecube controllers, so I'm not looking forward to using the Wii mote haha.

Next game is ALTTP. I was highly considering it since it is highly praised. But with a chance of a remake, I would want that to be my first play. Also for another reason, which will eliminate another 3 games. But this reason will have me reaching for my shield, it is a dumb reason, but growing up with the 3D graphics..... Ya, I don't really want to play any of the first 4 cause of graphics. I said it. I'm over-exaggerating, but I got the original Zelda in my free downloads. And after a minute I realized it wasn't for me. A little dot with a sword. Just not my cup of tea.

Now if you are still reading, thank you haha. WW I'm still slightly considering, about 3 years ago I started to play it at school. I got to the first temple. Then I had to move home. During the move I lost the game (its a friends!). Over time I learned more about the game watching a friend play it a bit (including seeing the whole final battle, so it is given away). And the thing about it is it seems like too much of a side questy type game (I could be wrong) with these triforce shards and all that. I'm a very "let's get to the point type" for the most part and I feel WW may frustrate me. I recently found it which sort of sparked interest, but still, it may not be for me plus it will also likely take me months.

FSA is rarely talked about and I never see much info on it. It also doesn't look like my cup of tea with the 4 players.

So after all that, I have narrowed it down to FS or OoX. Again there is so little info on FS, but the thing that draws me to it is that it is a sequel to MC. Will I like it? Is it like FSA? That is why I feel like I will play one of the OoX and I bet you will all suggest it. I know I have complained about graphics, but OoX look slightly better than the first 4 games. I could be wrong. If I were to play one, which would it be? Would the ages part have anything to do with time travel like in Oot? Would seasons be like in MM?

Thank you for reading and helping out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoX isn't a graphics intensive game whatsoever. However, I believe it will give you a worthwhile game for your Zelda fix while waiting for the next release. Either Ages or Seasons; both are Game Boy Color games and they are fairly hard to obtain, but I recommend them all the same.

Four Swords, the game that comes with ALttP on GBA, is hard to play because you need a second player with the game. So in a sense it is similar to FSA, though FSA can be played by yourself and FS can't.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
If you had played Link's Awakening then I would have suggested to pick up one of the Oracles if you enjoyed said game. Your situation makes things a bit harder. The OoX duo is definitely worthwhile though and while forgettable from a story perspective added some fresh content in terms of gameplay with the Rod of Seasons and Harp of Ages.

OoA's time travelling mechanic definitely reminds me of the N64 games but I felt it wasn't fresh because a similar scenario had already unfolded in the N64 games and done better. That said, the game easily boasts the best puzzles in the series so if you're keen for some brain bending mayhem I suggest you pick it up. If you're a more traditional action gamer then OoS is right for you. Additionally, the season altering gimmick is very fresh and unlike any element introduced prior in the franchise.

Four Swords is an awful lot of fun, but it's only good multiplayer. You can play it singleplayer on the DSi/3DS version, but it's fairly dull that way. If you've got some friends and all the equipment (it is a fair amount of setup, but not anything like FSA), and you're all willing to find some time to sit down and play it, you'll really enjoy it.

OoA is really good. There's a lot of great puzzles there, and the later dungeons are amazing. I'm about half-way through OoS, and I'm not enjoying it as much (although admittedly, that might be because my game locks up every two minutes. I've tried blowing on the cartridge and it doesn't work, so it's really, really hard to make progress), but it's still good.

I'd definitely pick OoX over FS, however if you're considering FS you might as well consider FSA, because it's a much better game imo. About the time mechanics in OoA, I thought it was done extremely well. The map changes a lot when you travel through time, and there is one dungeon, where you will have to go back in forth between time periods. OoS is also pretty amazing, though it's more action centered as opposed to puzzles.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Oracle games hands down. For one you can play them, with out needing other people with the game/ equipment.

I would also pick the oracle games, but you only work 40 hours out of a 168 hour week, get all the games! You are really missing out, especially Skyward Sword, go buy a Wii. :)

The OoX games by far. I feel these are by far the most underrated Zelda titles to date. They are never talked about and yet I find them to be absolutely brilliant. Even if you play just one or you don't used the linked ending the games are still fantastic. These two games are the best handheld Zelda has to offer (even better then the MC imo).

By the sounds of the responses, I think I may try OoS. Now to get my hands on one... I'll figure it out. Thank you for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom