• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Which Game Have You Changed Your Mind About?

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I can't seem to find a thread like this, hopefully I didn't just miss it.

We talk a lot about which games we dislike and where we think they went wrong, as well as which games we love and where we think they went right. But is there a game that you hated (or loved) and later came to love (or hate)? If so, what changed your mind?

For me, I really disliked TP when it first came out. I was disappointed by the color palette and the linearity of the first half of the game and those two things really skewed my ability to see the entirety of the game clearly. I didn't play it again for years, and when I picked it up again I found that the things I had focused on as negatives weren't as bad as I had built them up in my mind, and I also realized how many wonderful things I had overlooked in the game--the enjoyable combat, the great mini games, the beauty of the graphics. It still isn't my favorite, but I definitely don't hate it, and I genuinely enjoy playing it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I used to super lovehate Twilight Princess, but after examining the gameplay and bits of the story, I have to say I'm rather "decent" about it. I don't hate it nor do I love it, but it doesn't reside in the between area (it's closer to a like). Thanks especially to geek[numbers here] for debating with me those years ago.

I used to REALLY hate the DS games, but now I'm okay about them. I don't hate them all too much but they're definitely not favorites. Little things still irritate me about them.

I used to fangirl over pre-release Skyward Sword but all of that has been for naught (obv).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I guess I've changed my mind about the GameCube games? I used to consider them to be two of the best in the series, but over time I've slowly come to consider them to be two of the worst (read: not as good as the others). I suppose I've also changed my mind about Skyward Sword being the best Zelda game to date. Still one of the best, no fracking doubt, but not the best.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Majora's Mask used to be my favorite. Then it was up there. Now it's "That Game I like, but REALLY annoys me" due to the fans.

hmm, none really, i dont have 'honeymoon' phases with Zelda games so many opinion of the game the first time around will be the same opinion i have of it later down the line. Right now i either like or dislike certain Zelda games, there isn't a middle ground with Zelda for me, the games i don't like i just flat out dont like but the games i like are some of the best i've ever played. Thus far, as much as i've tried to like other Zelda games that i don't like to begin with, i havent really bee able to pull myself around but nor has my love diminished for the others that i do like... so, i've not really ever changed my mind on a Zelda game.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I used to think that SS was the worst thing ever. It was right about the time I got back into video games, and I was hyped about a new Zelda game. Ocarina of Time was one of only a few games parents ever got me as a child, and I was really psyched because I had just gotten TP. THen I played the game. I got Ghirahim, horrible musical abilities, and it was way too easy to play (I had just beaten OoT for the first time in years and it took me probably quadruple the time I spent in SS.). I genuinely hated SS, but then I came hear and heard you all talk about it. Many of you criticized the Motion Controls, sky World, music, and story. I also saw everything IGN and private reviewers said about it. They said it was like the best thing ever. IGN actually made a ludicrous poll that determined SS was better than OoT. I still haven't forgiven IGN or the reviewers of the internet.

Some of you probably remember me talking about this, but I thought you were criticizing it for the wrong reasons. I soon came to defend certain aspects of SS. As I played the game more times and wrote more defenses, I realized I liked it. Its fun, creative, and it's Zelda. Its a good game, and without my namesake I'd call it a great game. I thank the contributors of Zelda Dungeon for helping me see the true beauty of SS.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I changed my mind about the original Zelda. It really just isn't as good as it used to be. I went back and played it recently and I got so bored. :dry:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I changed my mind about the original Zelda. It really just isn't as good as it used to be. I went back and played it recently and I got so bored. :dry:

I think we can all agree that the original Legend of Zelda is a game of its time. It's primitive by today's standards -- hell, even ALttP's standards -- due to the restrictions of the NES. I don't think that justifies it being called "not as good as it used to be", but I can see where you're coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom