• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Game Had Your Favorite Music?

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
Which generation held some of the best tunes to you? Which towns in the games did you love hearing the familiar music in?

I really adore the midi music from the early games - I think one of my favorites has to be Vermillion City. Though there are many excellent ones. A large part of my love for them stems from nostalgia and memories. The new Black/White tunes are really fantastic too with a great variety of the score in each area that captured parts of the game superbly.

Probably Ruby and Sapphire, to be honest. They had the catchiest tunes, and the city themes were unbeatable at the time. A close second would be Gold and Silver, but I've heard those song constantly and some are unforgettable. Black and White weren't bad either.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I love the music in HG, but Pearl doesn't stay behind, I like the music from that game as well. Those are the two games I have, can't give much of an opinion, but I prefer HG over Pearl still.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I really liked the tune of the music in Gold and Silver. Especially the trainer battles and that one tower in the game with several trainers. I think HeartGold and SoulSilver have the same music only improved, for the most part, so they might end up being my favorites.

One song that was changed in HeartGold/SoulSilver, that I preferred in the original, was the theme of the Olivine Lighthouse. A theme that I like in both versions is the music that plays in Ruins of Alph.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
All the generations of Pokemon have songs that have stuck with me over the years, but I gotta say...I ADORE the soundtrack for the black and white games. I simply drooled over the epicness of the music while playing. @w@ I actually want to get the White version of the game, just so I can relive it all over again.

I think my favourite score was during the final battle with N. I spasmed with glee with that one.

Conor

the over analysing guy
hmm, pretty much all of them, the 2nd and 5th generation just didn't do it for me, however, I think 1st gen is my favourite by a small margin, who can forget pallet town and route 1 :P

Pen

The game is on!
The generation II games without a doubt! In those games there were so many grand songs. Some examples are: New Bark Town, Route 29, Route 30, Azalea Town, Ecruteak City, Game Corner, Route 42, Battle Tower, and Lavender Town.

But the absolute best song is the Goldenrod City theme, and it's filled with so much nostalgia...

[video=youtube;S1-VyHIx_SY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1-VyHIx_SY[/video]

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I don't know. R/S/E Had badass tunes, D/P/Pt Was OK, but HGSS totally made the music in Gen 4 epic. Like Pallet Town's HG/SS addition. It's better than the upbeat R/B/Y version. And Black And White had awesome Mother 3 Music.

I LOVE the 8-bit sounding Gen II music, but the developers really outdid themselves with the Gen V music. It's in-depth, and easily tops the Gen IV music, so I think epicness beats nostalgia on this one. Gen V.

D

Deleted member 6224

I love the Lavender town music so eerie.

[video=youtube;MK2iLnTR9V8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK2iLnTR9V8[/video]

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i aint gonna lie.

generation 5s music was great.
i mean sereously,
who could not LOVE kyurems theme?
[video=youtube;ck2d631pryY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck2d631pryY[/video]

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
well , my favourite pokémon music would have to be either Giratina's battle theme in Platinum, or Champion Lance's/Red's battle theme in HG/SS.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
My favorites are GSC, HGSS and BW. GSC and HGSS have AMAZING tracks like Mt. Silver Cave/Olivine Lighthouse, Ice Path/Dark Cave, vs. Silver theme and of course the Lake of Rage theme. BW had an overall better soundtrack with epic tracks like Cynthia's theme, Route 10, Victory Road, Pokémon Leaugue and the credits theme plus tarcks like Driftveil City and Lacunosa Town. Did I forget any ? I don't hope so... It's really hard to choose between these games so I don't know wich one I like more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom