• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Engineering Branch Interests You the Most?

Which Engineering Branch Interests You the Most?

• Chemical Engineering

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Civil Engineering

• Electrical Engineering

• Mechanical Engineering

• Systems Engineering

• Interdisciplinary

• Total voters

Fig

The Altruist
After writing this post, it inspired me to make this thread about engineering. While I know that engineering isn't meant for everyone, I do believe there is an engineering branch that at least interests a person based on what the branch has to offer. There are many engineering branches out there and each of them are interesting in their own respective rights. I'll a link to each of the engineering fields for a more detail analysis. Personally, my favorite engineering branch is Electrical Engineering simply because I enjoy being around computers and understanding how networks and systems function which is also my current major at university.

Chemical Engineering

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Systems Engineering

Interdisciplinary

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Definitely aeronautical engineering which is the astronautics branch of aerospace engineering, which in turn is a sub-field of mechanical engineering, although it's more appropriate to call the field heavily interdisciplinary. Aeronautical engineering (more informally called "rocket science") represents a frontier in applied physics that I believe is very important for the future of humanity.

Civil engineering is my favorite...questions about transportation are most fun to think about, in particular. Life is just a big Poisson process, and transportation encapsulates all of it. I can't say I'm too familiar with the other areas of civil engineering, but stochastic processes are really interesting to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

I live in Alberta where the oil sands are a major part of our economy. Therefore I am in University for a Chemical Engineering Degree. It's not necessarily what interests me the most, but rather what I can get a job in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom