• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Which Dungeons are better?

Which Dungeons are better?

• Breath of the Wild Dungeons

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Tears of the Kingdom Dungeons

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly, this is tough for me. The Divine Beasts are still really cool and the concept of fighting these huge structures in order to get inside them is still super awesome. The physics-based puzzles were fun, too, and so was changing the orientation of the entire structure. They really did good on them.

And then TotK's dungeons go back a bit in the traditional direction, feeling like once-lived-in parts of the world but still following the cool open-ended format of the predecessor. The environments and puzzles were really fun, and the dungeon approaches didn't leave me wanting. All of them were incredibly atmospheric and fighting side by side with the Sages all the way through was amazing. I think that's the detail that pushes them to the top for me. I love cooperative party gameplay, and the Sage Vows make me extremely happy. I was begging for that long before TotK and even BotW came out. So I gotta go with TotK on this one.

My instinct is Breath of the Wild has better dungeons., but let's see.

Lowest Number Ranking:
  1. Hyrule Castle (BotW)
  2. Lightning Temple (TotK)
  3. Wind Temple (TotK)
  4. The Final Trial (BotW)
  5. Vah Naboris (BotW)
  6. Fire Temple (TotK)
  7. Vah Ruta (BotW)
  8. Vah Medoh (BotW)
  9. Vah Rudania (BotW)
  10. Hyrule Castle/Gloom's Approach (TotK)
  11. Spirit Temple (TotK)
  12. Water Temple (TotK)
BotW: 1+4+5+7+8+9 = 34
TotK: 2+3+6+10+11+12 = 44

BotW wins!

Highest Number Rating:
Vah Ruta (5) is better than the Water Temple (1), by 4 points.
The Final Trial (7) is better than the Spirit Temple (2), by 5 points.
Hyrule Castle (BotW) (10) is better than Hyrule Castle/Gloom's Approach (TotK) (2), by 8 points.
The Wind Temple (8) is better than Vah Medoh (3), by 5 points.
The Fire Temple (6) is better than Vah Rudania (3), by 3 points.
The Lightning Temple (9) is better than Vah Naboris (7), by 2 points.

BotW: 3+3+5+7+7+10 = 35
TotK: 1+2+2+6+8+9 = 28

BotW wins!

Breath of the Wild has better dungeons!

This is because BotW's worst dungeons (Vah Medoh, Vah Rudania, and Vah Ruta) are not even close to TotK's worst dungeons (Hyrule Castle, Spirit Temple, and Water Temple). The Divine Beasts can be short and the aesthetics can be identical, but at least they do not match the aesthetics of the Sky and Depths, or just consist of a series of ridiculously easy combat encounters in different rooms. And Breath of the Wild's Hyrule Castle is genuienly a brilliant piece of design work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom