• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Beast Ganon do You Prefer?

Which Beast Ganon do You Prefer?

• OoT Ganon

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • BotW Dark Beast Ganon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALBW Yuga-Ganon

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • TP Beast Ganon

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • OoA/OoS Ganon

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • ALttP Ganon

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • TLoZ Ganon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FSA Ganon

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I'll have to give it to OoT Ganon. Nothing is really as intimidating as having Ganondorf rise from the rubble and transform into a humanoid pig demon with twin swords.
ganon.gif

I agree with markasscop wholeheartedly. A Link to the Past Ganon is the peak of his design as a beast and easily one of his strongest portrayals as both a monster and a cunning and intelligent villain. It was a pretty faithful re-imagining of what an updated design of Zelda I's Ganon would be.

I also do have a soft spot for Calamity Ganon as my favorite version of Ganon conceptually but his beast form has less of a shock value than the mangled tech centipede with lasers. I think more outrageous concepts like that are pretty refreshing after the designs have gotten more monotonous with time; Twilight Princess was a low for both Ganondorf and Ganon imo, from a design standpoint they tried too hard to make him look "normal" probably because of the artstyle, and it involved removing a lot of his defining features. Worst nose job, most generic boar.

A Link to the Past Ganon is the most iconic regardless.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Gotta go with my boy yuga
I think the final battle is the most interesting mechanically and even though its not really yuga anymore i still like him a lot as an antagonist

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
ALTTP Ganon! I love YuGanon and OoT Ganon too. The ALTTP Ganon fight always felt more fun to me, however. Only thing I dislike is falling through the floor, but that’s not too hard to avoid. Also, this version of Ganon is canonically the most powerful!

OoT Ganon because of the whole dark environment. You ran from the Castle and think you're safe but then Gdorf has one more trick on his sleeve. The music, the dark environment, you losing your sword for a while. I really like that Ganon the most
YES, this basically sums up my answer!! :ham: Just look at him, he's easily the most intimidating Ganon incarnation to date! (Not counting spider-Ganon in BOTW)

1619936994152.png

I love how Ocarina of Time is not only when Ganon becomes human, but also when his beast design is updated to look more scary, badass, and intimidating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom