• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where would you place the Tingle games in the timeline?

Guinea

Basically Tingle
Tingle has a whopping 4 games in total, and they are: Rosy Rupeeland, Balloon Trip of Love, Too Much Tingle Pack and Balloon Fight. Now, Balloon Fight and Too Much Tingle Pack are kinda... mini-game esque, neither really have a story per-se, but Rosy Rupeeland and Balloon Trip of Love definitely do.

1000005086.jpg

The story of Balloon Trip of Love takes place inside of a book that Tingle gets in the mail, but the world he lives in before going into the book looks pretty modern, albeit run-down. My guess would be that this game takes place in the future of New Hyrule, given the trains and automobiles. New Hyrule seemed to be going down that path with the trains in Spirit Tracks, so I feel like the Adult Timeline is a good fit.

1000005087.jpg

Rosy Rupeeland, however, also seems like its in the future, given Tingle's computer in his home, but the countryside is kinda oldschool, so I feel like it could go one of two ways: pre-Skyward Sword (given that in SS there is a Tingle doll on Zelda's dresser and Rosy Rupeeland is the "origin" of Tingle) or it could also be in New Hyrule or even old Hyrule directly after Phantom Hourglass (given the old-school looking locations but semi-advanced tech) I lean more towards post-Phantom Hourglass and old Hyrule due to Rosy Rupeeland taking place on a bunch of islands, with one island refered to as "a mountain once named after Death" or something along those lines.

So! What does everyone think? Where would you place these two games? (images taken on an emulator because the U.S. never got these games)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom