• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where the Sky Shines Gold...

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Wow! I love your story! I liked the idea of Anemos and Link going to Tokyo, Japan. I can't wait for the next chapters!

Thanks. It's good to hear that my writing is appreciated.

------

Chapter 11

[FONT=&quot]Mr. Miyamoto and Anemos landed with a resolute thud on the bare ground. Anemos worried about what had happened to Link. He hoped that he was not dead, though the blast would have definitely killed him.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Mr. Miyamoto, as I was saying earlier, I need to get back to Hyrule with Link. We need to save the world from the evil that is plaguing the land now.” Anemos said. “But first, we need to find Link.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“He is…fine.” Mr. Miyamoto said in rather hesitant English.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos was confused, until he had an idea. He knew why the Master Timeline was such a confidential document.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It can warp you through space and time, can’t it?” Anemos asked.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Mr. Miyamoto nodded. He clapped his hands twice and there was a flash of blue light overhead. Link came falling from the sky, holding the timeline. Anemos shook hands with Mr. Miyamoto, gave him the timeline from Link’s hands, and waited.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link was looking around, bewildered. He didn’t know where he was.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It’s okay Link. We’ll be going home now.” Anemos said calmly. “Go ahead, sir. Good luck.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Mr. Miyamoto nodded again. He held up the Master Timeline, so that it was perpendicular to the ground. There was a flash of blue, and they were gone.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When Anemos came to, he was laying in a bed of straw, a cow looking down upon him. Anemos got up, and looked around.

He appeared to be in the stables of Hyrule Castle. There was a tremor, followed by loud shouting. Link was in an adjacent bed of straw, still asleep. Anemos told the cow to go wake Link up, and stood up.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He saw the door to the entry hall. He wanted to know what was going on, but he needed to make sure of Link’s safety too.

He looked to see the cow licking Link’s face. Link stuttered, and pushed the cow away.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“We’re back in Hyrule Castle.” Anemos said, before Link had time to wonder. “There’s something going on outside. I think the castle is under siege.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He motioned for Link to follow him, and opened the door. Outside, they saw an empty hallway. Anemos was confused, but kept walking toward the drawbridge, which was down. Four Hylian knights suddenly flew from the entryway, landed on the ground, and scattered. Link unsheathed his sword.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A man in a purple cloak suddenly entered. He looked around, saw Anemos, and grinned. Link was thrown aside by a strange, black force, like a powerful wind.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Vaati, I was beginning to think that Ganon had you locked up somewhere.” Anemos said, sneeringly. “Oh, wait…I did that.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Vaati threw another blast of wind, this time at Anemos. Anemos held out a hand, and it dispersed. Vaati tried again, but this time Anemos reflected the attack back at Vaati, who was thrown violently against a wall.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“This is pathetic, Vaati. And to think that you were considered dangerous!” Anemos laughed.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Vaati’s face contorted with rage.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You dare to call me weak, Anemos? Well, I think it’s time you were taught some respect. You will most certainly die now.” Vaati said, cruelly.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Vaati started to change. He was becoming a large black sphere, which was sprouting small wings. A singular eye opened in its center. The wings started to flap, and Anemos ran to Link.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Link, go as fast as you can. It isn’t safe here. Go, and find the Princess. Keep her safe!” Anemos said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He snapped his fingers, and Link was gone. Vaati was now in a form that could only be described as monstrous. He looked down upon Anemos, and laughed. Suddenly, a black smoke seemed to appear around Vaati, and it started to spin below him, like a tornado. Ornaments began to come off of the walls.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Be careful, Vaati. The more you break, the more damage you wreck, the more chaos you bring, the more powerful I become.” Anemos said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos flew headlong into the tornado, and Hyrule Castle shook from the explosive force of the two sorcerers, fighting to the death.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Hyrule Castle gave one last quake, and was silent.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Link was in the middle of a field, full of blooming flora. It was quite beautiful. He wondered why he had been sent there. He sheathed his sword, and looked around.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You won’t find anything too dangerous around here. It’s just me.” A feminine voice whispered.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link looked around. He didn’t see anything, and wondered where the voice was coming from. Then, he saw Zelda. She looked at him with a strange air of hatred. She looked back at the castle, which was now quite still, though fire was still visible.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Did Anemos just send you here, alone?” Zelda asked him. “I will hope he has a good excuse.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link nodded. He thought of Vaati, and the powerful wind that he had conjured. Zelda nodded.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Vaati is a pretty nasty one.” Zelda said. “Then again, all of them are, if they were put in that container. Even so, I told him to make sure to keep you alive.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Zelda put an arm on Link. She was genuinely worried about him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
However, it was not Link that worried the on-looker, who stood invisible several feet away. It was the reason Zelda cared about Link, and it made him feel more than a little uncomfortable to watch the two of them. He could not stand the thoughts that he could see buzzing around in their heads, and it disgusted him. As the two of them leaned toward each other, Anemos’s anger burst like an explosion.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“‘Insolent boy! This slave of fashion, basking in your glory! Ignorant fool! This brave young suitor, sharing in my triumph!’” Anemos’s voice thundered.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The two broke apart. Anemos snapped his fingers, and became visible to them both. Link had never seen the type of fury he saw now in Anemos’s eyes.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Is this why you chose him to save Hyrule? Is this why I was made a mere subsidiary of ‘the Hero’?” Anemos asked as his eyes blazed like fire. “You chose his bloodline over me, because of ‘love’? Is this how Hyrule, the kingdom which I helped establish and cultivate, works behind my back?”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos glared at Link, and an eerie smile started to construct itself upon Anemos’s face. Zelda looked imploringly at Anemos, but he was consumed with hatred and power. He pointed at Link with a wild gleam in his eye.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Your family took what is rightfully mine, though it was not your fault. You were born into it without your own volition. However, you will bear witness to my wrath as I avenge myself.” Anemos said, then, turning to Zelda, he continued. “The beloved Princess, on the other hand, will suffer in another castle.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
There was an explosion of light, and both Zelda and Anemos were gone. Link was all alone.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Zelda was floating in a large pool of black water. She looked around, and saw a doorway, behind which she could see a faint light. She reached for the doorknob, but it vanished as soon as she touched it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Strange noises seemed to echo around her, in a kind of gibberish chant.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Mud…kip…mud…kip…” The voices chanted.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Zelda was in a room, and she could not leave.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“LINK?!” She called. “HELP ME!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link heard her, and looked around.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Anemos trapped me in some kind of room…without a door.” She cried. “I can’t leave! The only way you can possibly free me is to reassemble the Triforce of Courage!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link nodded, and knew it would be his destiny to reunite the Triforce of Courage, but he feared interfering with Anemos’s plans. He was too powerful.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You’ve only seen the first of it, I’m afraid.” Zelda called. “He has powerful allies that will side with him at all times. I know you’ve met Turdulator, but did Anemos happen to mention that Turdulator has the ability to control darkness? I thought not. It will be dangerous.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A voice suddenly started to overcome Zelda’s in Link’s mind.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“For you, Princess, ANYTHING!” The voice seemed to say in a mocking tone.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Suddenly, the voices died, and Link was alone again.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“STOP! PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU, PLEASE!” Ganondorf cried in agony.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Now, I’m going to ask you one more time. Where did you hide the pieces of the Triforce of Courage?!” Anemos said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ganondorf was standing in the middle of a group of thousands of iron trees. The heat and conditions were that of a tropical rain forest, yet in reality, he was merely stuck in a hexagon-shaped room, lined along every wall with mirrors. Ganondorf needed water, and hours of being stuck in a replica of Erik’s “Torture Chamber” did not help. He finally conceded.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“THE SAGE TEMPLES! PLEASE, STOP THIS MADNESS! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!” Ganondorf pleaded to thin air.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The heat stopped, and water started to fall onto Ganondorf. He started to lick the water off the floors, as Anemos watched, pondering.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Sage Temples were already fairly well guarded. But, he would need to ensure their protection. He took out a jet black whistle, which seemed to dim the light around it, and blew into it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A cloaked figure with a purple and black top hat appeared in front of Anemos.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“I hope you have good reason for calling me…” Turdulator said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Times change. We’re taking over Hyrule.” Anemos replied.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Link looked out over Lake Hylia. The people of a village, whose homes floated atop the water, were, little did they know, right above the Temple of Water.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You aren’t going to get too far, trying to dive down there without some kind of help.” A little child said. “You need…”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
But they were cut off by a shadow, which had begun to loom over the village and, though they didn’t know it, the entirety of Hyrule.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Fireballs shot from the sky as a deep cackle could be heard. There was an explosion to Link’s left, as a fireball collided with the framework of the village. Link dived into the lake, and went down as far as he could, waiting to stop hearing the screaming voices of children, their very bodies burning away from the fire.
[/FONT]

------

Zelda Cartoon series quotation FTW?

Art for this chapter: Vaati at Hyrule Castle, When "young love becomes deep affection", Burning Village
Sneak peek at Chapter 12: Training with Ethan is not a cooking show

Last edited:

Anemos

Master of Chaos
[FONT=&quot]Chapter 12
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
Link looked up at the burning village, unable to believe his eyes. It was frightening, what had happened, and he knew it was Anemos’s fault. Anemos, his former partner, his mentor. Was any of it real, or was it all deception?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
It was very soon that Link realized he was running out of air. He started to kick upward, but he was too far down. A hand grabbed him around the arm, and blackness engulfed him.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Is zis zee man who wore zee green tunic?” said a voice in an overwhelmingly French accent. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It is, sir.” said another voice. “Should we take him back to shore?”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“No. He iz important to our planz. Take him to zee guest cabin.” said the French voice.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link opened his eyes, and reached for his sword.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Whoa, whoa! Hold on zere, my leetle friend. We are here to help!” exclaimed the French voice.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link lay backward. He was on a table, covered in white cloth. His clothes were gone, and instead he wore a white robe. The color of the robe brought memories of Anemos to him, and he had the urge to fling it off himself. The only thing stopping him was the lack of coverage underneath.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“We shall give you your clothes back, good monsieur.” said the French voice, noticing his discomfort. “I am Ethan, by zee way. Nice to finally meet you, Link. Are you looking, perhaps, for zis?”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He held up the Master Sword by the hilt, and Link looked in complete awe.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It never really does go away, does it? Zat feeling of purity from holding zis?” Ethan asked. “Or is it, perhaps, zat you are confused by my touching it?”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ethan was wearing a green tunic, like Link’s, except it was darker, and seemed to give off an aura similar to Anemos’s. He also, strangely, wore a dunce cap. He looked deep into Link’s eyes, and continued
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“I was zee Hero, long ago.” Ethan said. “Anemos was my friend, too. For zee longest time, we worked together to create peace for Hyrule, and to conquer foreign lands for it. We were zee best of friends. Zen, I lost my way. I fell into a realm of darkness and deceit zat poisoned our friendship. Enraged, I attempted to take zee Master Sword, and stab it directly into zee master link of our friendship, shattering everything we had done. But, as you know, zee Master Sword is incapable of doing things of evil, nor be wielded by one without a pure heart. Anemos saw my darker side zat day. Zey wanted to have me executed, but Anemos said ‘no’. Now, we see his anger stretch across zee lands, his wrath truly immortal. I doubt he can be stopped.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link suddenly had an idea. He took his sword, and waited.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You want me to teach you? No, I am an awful teacher.” Ethan said, hesitating before continuing. “…Fine. I’ll do it. Wield your sword well, my green clad friend. We fight in five minutes.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link went into a separate room and put on his green tunic. This old man would have it handed to him in five minutes. He walked out onto an arena. It was like the sumo-wrestling arena in Twilight Princess.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Let us fight.” Ethan said, and waited.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link ran at Ethan, attempting a jump attack. Ethan merely sidestepped, and Link fell flat on his face. Ethan showed no mercy. He had fire in his eyes, much like Anemos when he saw Link and Zelda together. He ran up to Link, and kicked him off the side of the arena.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Pathetic. I didn’t even have to use my sword!” Ethan exclaimed. “You have no hope of beating Anemos. If you can’t beat me in short range combat, it will be much harder when he decides it prudent not to let you come near, and merely casts you aside. GO AGAIN.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link stepped back into the ring. He ran at Ethan, but this time, he tried a roll attack. He rolled straight into the flat side of Ethan’s blade. Ethan then used his sword like a frying pan, and flipped Link up into the air, off the arena again.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Perhaps it is necessary for you to go into a dungeon first?” Ethan asked thin air.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ethan pointed his sword at a wall, and fired a sword beam. The wall seemed to slide away, revealing a tunnel.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Go, and face danger. Come back with zee secret.” Ethan said cryptically, before he quite abruptly vanished.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anemos sat at the end of a long table, surrounded by many powerful men and women. To his right was Turdulator, cloaked in shadow. Anemos stood up.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Silence, please.” Anemos called out to the group, and they became silent. He continued. “It has appeared to me within the past few days that the Hero, chosen by Zelda, has gone rogue. I am going to call upon all of you to help me track down Link.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“If it is your bidding, we shall follow it, sir.” They shouted mockingly and over dramatically in unison.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Good, then. Let us get to work.” Anemos said. “I need my generals in the situation room in five minutes. The rest of you are dismissed.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Five minutes later, 4 men, a woman, Anemos, and Turdulator stood in a small room. It had a faint green tinge to the lighting.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Link has decided to go for the pieces of the Triforce of Courage. He may be seeking help from Hylian Legend.” Anemos said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Everyone in the room gasped. To say Ethan’s name was usually considered disrespectful and rude. In this case, however, it was very serious. They all looked at Anemos.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“We must therefore act as fast as possible to negate their forces and subdue them.” Anemos said. “Our spies have narrowed down the location of the two of them to Lake Hylia. We think Hylian Legend has hidden several traps throughout the area to stop those who wish to capture him.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“What about Ganon and those other villains? Can’t we use them to our advantage, seeing as you have them all ‘bottled up’?” one of the generals asked.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos pulled out a very elaborate map of Hyrule.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Glad you asked.” Anemos said, as he explained his plan.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Link looked into the menacingly dark cave that Ethan had opened for him. He unsheathed his sword, and pulled out his shield.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Go on, Link. It isn’t safe to face Anemos without experience.” Ethan voice emanated from the walls.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
As soon as Link was fully in the cavern, the door shut behind him, leaving him in total darkness. Ethan almost laughed to himself.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“If he truly is zee Hero, he will easily pass through zat trial.” Ethan said to himself. “If not, he will succumb to my pyromania.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Inside the cavern, Link looked around. It was pitch black, and he couldn’t see anything. He could hear a faint slow breathing, as if something large was sleeping nearby.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link decided that, since he was supposed to be facing something dangerous, he should attack whatever it was that stood silent in the dark. He fired a sword beam at random into the darkness. The light of the beam showed that he was in an average cave, except there was a strange lack of normal growth of stalactites and stalagmites. It was as if something very large and powerful cleared them away.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Distantly, he could see the beam hit something, which he thought was green-colored, and vanish. The deep breathing stopped. Instead, it became very silent. You could have heard a pin drop. Link could hear a dull, quick sound; much like a watch enveloped in cotton. Suddenly, the breathing noise became a rapid snorting. There was a heavy dragging sound, followed by four thumps which made the ground quake violently.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link could feel the room getting warmer. He almost felt like he was going to melt. Then, out of the warming darkness came two eyes, which glowed brightly against their black backdrop.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link was afraid of the eyes. They scared him in a way nothing else had. Link didn’t know how, but he knew that the eyes were hungry. He was tempted to shoot at the eyes with another sword beam, but he couldn’t. He was frozen.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The light of the eyes dimmed as a faint orange light seemed to rise around him, and the heat intensified. Link could see the cavern now. It was dome shaped, much like a stadium. He looked to the side, and it became very evident why it was getting warmer and brighter: fiery magma was rising to create a moat around the circular middle of the cavern, blocking all hope of escape.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
And in the middle of the cavern, there stood a monstrous green lizard, with wings on its back. It looked curiously at him, with a saddened look in the eyes that had horrified him not so long ago. But now, the eyes were calm and gentle. They were soothing to Link, as he was quite afraid. He took one step forward, holding out his hand to the creature.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The monster emitted a roar that made Link rattle in place and fall backward. As he stood back up, it shot a stream of fire at Link, who dived out of the way. He fired sword beams at the monster, and it reared in agony. The fight continued, as the monster shot more fire at Link, who was now running way.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You can’t do zat, Link!” Ethan’s voice seemed to echo in the cavern. “You must fight it! It is zee only way for you to survive!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link looked around, but no one was there to help. He was caught off guard when the monster’s long neck extended toward him, attempting to grab him in its large mouth. He jumped, landing on the monster’s head.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The monster’s head flailed wildly, attempting to shake off Link. Link didn’t know what to do, and he was desperate to hold on. He raised his sword in the air above him, preparing to stab the monster’s head, when he slipped and plummeted toward the ground. Link fired sword beams at the underside of the head, and saw the monster cower. He thought he could hear the faint sound of a French horn playing a kind of victory song as the monster exploded in a burst of black smoke. Slowly, darkness enveloped him, and he lost consciousness.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
It was a few hours later that Link awoke. He was still in the cavern, but he could clearly see the light which seemed to come down on him. He stood, and walked toward the warm, shining object.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Excellent job, Link. You beat Aquamentus.” Ethan said. “Now, go forth, and take zee Mirror of Order, zee only weapon zat may be of use against Anemos’s power over chaos.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link took the mirror, and his body violently fought his own will. It convulsively threw his hands into the air, using an unknown power to levitate the mirror in the air. He suddenly knew everything he needed to know about the Mirror’s strange powers that allowed him to talk to Ethan whenever he needed, and to be able to reflect magic.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Ah, you are zee Hero,” Ethan exclaimed, “and your body’s unique grasping reflex proves it. Step into zee blue light, and we will talk.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A blue light seemed to emanate from the ground in front of him. He took a step forward, and was gone.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
“NONSENSE!” They all shouted at Anemos and Turdulator. “THIS IS UTTER MADNESS!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You’re right about that, my friends. But you forget that I have power over chaos.” Anemos explained to them, as if he spoke to small children. “As long as Hylian Legend is stupid enough to give Link the Mirror of Order, victory is ours.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
One heavily decorated general stood up, slamming his hand on the table.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It’s highly unlikely that Hylian Legend has gotten that careless since he left…”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos held out a hand, and the man became silent.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It is because he isn’t careless that he will give him the Mirror. Only the one chosen by Zelda can wield it to its best extent. Ethan mastered using it as the Hero, but when he was retired from the position he lost part of his authority to its power. The only way for it to truly stop me is in the hands of the Hero, and with no experience the Mirror is nothing.” Anemos explained. “If Link fights me with the Mirror and doesn’t know how, it will shatter and my reign will become infinite.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
There was a beeping sound from over the intercom, and a timid voice announced that they had discovered the location of Hylian Legend and Link. The three words that Anemos and Turdulator said, in complete unison, seemed to define upmost authority.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Fire at will.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
“Now zat you have zee Mirror of Order, you can defeat Anemos.” Ethan said. “Zee secret is…”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He was interrupted as the ground around them trembled violently. Cracks started to appear in the walls of the underwater base, and water started to wash in. The room would soon be filled with water.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Zere is no time!” Ethan shouted. “We must get out of here!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ethan grabbed the Master Sword from Link’s hand.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“I’ll fight zem off. Don’t worry about me! Just go!” Ethan called to Link.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
An eerie voice seemed to radiate from the walls themselves. It was Anemos!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Your first destination is in the depths of fire,
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]So, take care not to be burned.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]If the situation becomes higher,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]No more lessons will be learned.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Next, you will find a forest of green,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Full of pitied souls, lost troublemakers.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Should your face be spotted or seen,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] You’ll join the masqueraders.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Under water is where you go after,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]To a place of greatest hatred to many.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Be sure to ignore the treasures,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Or you may not get any.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]You search for temples across the land,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Yet you will find failure.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]When time comes to decide, and you’ve seen your hand,[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Follow it.”[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
Ethan looked quizzically at the air around him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It’s a riddle, but I’m not sure what it’s meant to be for.” He said to himself.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He was silent as the voice spoke to him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Surrender, Ethan, or you will die.”

[/FONT]
------

Art for this chapter: In Lake Hylia, Training with Ethan, Aquamentus, Situation Room, Flooding
Sneak peak at next chapter: Hallway attack

Last edited:

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Chapter 13

[FONT=&quot]Ethan stood, dumbfounded. He hadn’t so much as been addressed by that voice in many years. Slowly, he recovered his senses. He grabbed his own sword, and gave the Master Sword back to Link.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“We have to get out of here!” Ethan yelled. “Zee south exit should still not be flooded.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
They ran to the heavily enforced door. Ethan entered the fairly long pass code into the keypad on the wall, and it opened. It led into a long hallway. As fast as they could, they moved down the hall, unhindered. Then, half way to the end, there stood a blue, gargoyle-like creature; a bokoblin.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ethan, instinctively knowing that if it spotted them others would come, reacted faster than Link could blink. He let Link go past him, and slashed violently at the monster. It burst into a cloud of black smoke.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link looked around the corner. He saw two more bokoblins, which were courteously standing one in front of the other. He fired a sword beam at one, knocking them both against a wall. They both burst into black smoke as well.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
They eventually reached the door leading to the south exit. It opened wide as they ran through it. At the other side of the room there stood a hole leading to the surface. They ran toward it, but stopped as a voice emanated behind him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Wandering child, so lost, so helpless, yearning for my guidance…” The voice said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos came from the shadows, his eyes spinning. Link suddenly felt the need to attack this man, whose heart had blackened from so many years of hatred and loathing. He ran at Anemos, his sword poised to strike a fatal blow. Anemos gave a lazy wave of his hand, and Link was blasted against the wall. He was held magically, suspended there, powerless. Anemos prepared another magical blast, this time he was on the offensive side, intending to kill. The Master Sword flew from Link into Ethan’s hand.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You can stop right zere, Anemos. You won’t be killing him today.” Ethan said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos turned, glaring at Ethan.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Bravo, monsieur! Such spirited words! Let’s see, monsieur, how far you dare go!” Anemos said, mockingly.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link knew he had one hope: the Mirror of Order. Only it could stop Anemos. He pulled it out, aiming at Anemos.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ethan walked, carefully placing his feet as if there were land mines in the floor, toward Anemos.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“That’s right, that’s right, monsieur! Keep walking this way!” Anemos mocked again.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
And, almost as if against his will, Ethan kept walking toward him. He knew that the Master Sword could deflect magic blasts Anemos fired at him. Anemos was defenseless now. This was complimented by the fact that Anemos was now backing away, though he seemed slightly more concentrated on Link.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Ethan decided that he needed to test Anemos’s focus. He knew that Anemos had a plan, as he always did, so he needed to stop it before it was carried out. He fired a fireball from the Master Sword, aiming at Anemos, who parried it away. Anemos started to speak again, his wording becoming more and more musical.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“I’m here, I’m here, monsieur: the Angel of Death! Come on, come on, monsieur! Don’t stop! Don’t stop!” Anemos shouted.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
It was time, and Ethan knew it. He knew Anemos was stalling. He needed to act, or all was over when Anemos’s plans were put into action. He launched himself into the air with a powerful leap, his sword raised high, ready to kill.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
This was, however, exactly what Anemos wanted. He fired a magical blast, not at Ethan, but at the Mirror of Order in Link’s hands. The mirror did exactly as it was supposed to. It reflected the blast, directing it at Ethan, who was hit head-on. He collapsed on the ground, the Master Sword clanging beside him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link fell into his old nightmare again. Once again, his shielding had been the method by which someone channeled their energy to kill a friend. First his father, now Ethan. He put the Mirror of Order away, and crawled in front of the body, just as he had with his father. He had no father, and now, had no mentor, and no one to show him how to defeat this monster. His mind flooded with agony and pain, and he was blinded by raw fury. He shook, anger in his eyes, as he grabbed at the hilt of the Master Sword. But yet again, he could not touch it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“No, no, no! Your thoughts are not quite pure, my dear Daroga.” Anemos said. “Thus, you cannot pick up that sword.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Inside Ethan’s bag, Link could see many treasures. He snatched up the bag, and grabbed a spherical, bright blue object. On the end of it, there was a small black rope. It looked like…a fuse?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The sphere started to pulsate, and change from red to blue rapidly. He threw it at Anemos, who parried it away again. The sphere hit a wall, and it exploded. Water started to fill the chamber from the opening caused by the detonation. Anemos vanished, and Link struggled not to drown in the rush of water.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
There was something else in the bag that seemed to glare at him: a green gem. It was like a diamond, yet it seemed to glow from a small sphere in the center.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He grabbed it, and in a gust of wind and a flash of green light, he, too, vanished.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“He escaped?!” Anemos’s voice exploded. “All that work, killing Ethan, was for nothing?!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“It appears so, sir.” The man said. “A nicely casted Farore’s Wind, if I may add.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“No. You may not.” Anemos yelled furiously.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The man was thrown against the wall, held by Anemos’s will. Absolute control, from chaos.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Please don’t kill me!” The man pleaded. “It wasn’t my fault!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anemos sat down, pondering what to do next. If Link had managed to get away, then the prophecy must have been true. He looked directly at the man, who had been unsuccessful for him so often before.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Send all the troops to the Fire Temple. Link will go there first.” Anemos said as he released him. “Do not fail me again, or I may be inclined to make you pay for your many dishonors.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Link couldn’t tell what was going on. He had teleported to the middle of nowhere; a vast, rocky wasteland. Rocks were everywhere. He pulled out his sword, waiting to attack some dangerous monster. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He was angry with himself. He had let Anemos get away without as much as a fight. He picked up a rock and threw it. It sparked his interest when he saw it disappear. He went over to where it had been thrown, and saw something surprising: the rock was still falling off the cliff face. He knew he was on some sort of mountain, and he didn’t like it. He was afraid of heights.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“An intruder!” said a rough, dry voice. “Knock him off!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A boulder was falling off a higher cliff of the mountain, hurtling directly at Link. Link fired a sword beam, but it didn’t do anything to stop the boulder’s progress. Link dived out of the way just before the boulder would have collided with him. It fell, just as the rock had, down the side of a nearly endless mountain into the abyss below. Link ran to a nearby crevice, and hid himself in the small cave.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He could hear loud, thumping footsteps coming nearer and nearer. He readied his sword. Suddenly, he felt he needed to attack. He launched himself, sword first, into the open air. A huge creature, like a turtle made of rock, stared at him. It gave a loud roar, and Link decided it was time to subdue it. He fired a sword beam directly at its face.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Why, you little filthy dung-head!” the goron growled to him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Another goron jumped out of nowhere, bellowing just as loudly. This one had what Link considered to be a beard, though it was grown in such a way that it looked as if spikes were emerging from its face.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“STOP, Gondo-goro! That’s the Hero!” it yelled.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The one goron, Gondo-goro, stopped immediately.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“If so, then he may be able to help our little problem, eh?” he said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He looked expectantly at Link, expecting some kind of dramatic, heroic statement that would put anyone who heard it in complete awe and wonder.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link grunted.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Gondo-goro, he can’t speak, remember?” the other goron said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Oh…yes…I see…” Gondo-goro said awkwardly. “Well, we have a problem, Link. We were exploring the depths of the Temple, and we came across what we thought was some Rock Sirloin. We picked it up, and bit it, but it didn’t taste quite right, especially when it caught fire quite spontaneously. There was a loud roar, and, well, we ran. I think we resurrected Volvagia.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The name evidently scared both of them, as they shook violently. Link tried to form the words “I’m going there anyway, so sure…” with his mouth.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“You were going there anyway? Okay! Well, don’t let us stop you. Come on…” said Gondo-goro.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
They ascended the mountain trail. Death Mountain should have been cold that time of year, but it was getting increasingly warm. They eventually came to a small hole in the mountain. Inside, Link could see fire. Everything was burning.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Problem, Link?” said Gondo-goro, with a strange look on his face. “What do you think he’s hesitating for, Darunia?”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The strange face made Link want to shoot another sword beam at him. However, he knew his sword wouldn’t do that, as it could not do anything of evil nature. All the same, he knew he couldn’t just waltz into that cavern.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Oh…I think he’s trying to tell us that he can’t go in,” said Darunia, “probably since he doesn’t have the ability to walk through fire. One second…”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He jumped up, and rolled away. A few minutes later, he came back with a large shield. It was very shiny, and had a strange symbol on it. It looked like the Hylian crest was put on it, with a couple other things.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“This was a shield left to us, long ago, by a man named Hylian Legend. I don’t suppose you’ve met him…” said the goron.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link shook his head. He didn’t know of anyone named “Hylian Legend”.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“…well, anyway, he said that some day in the future, a young lad, clad in green as he was, would need a way to enter with the ability to walk through fire. When that day came, he said to give this to them.” finished the goron.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He handed Link the shield. The grasping reflex kicked in, and the shield was held high in the air. It was the Fire Shield, and it allowed its owner to survive fire attacks. Link suddenly remembered Ethan, and how he had tried to save him so courageously. Of Ethan…and how he was killed in Link’s own defense.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link turned and walked into the cave, without any thanks, without any burns.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Inside, everything seemed to be clouded by fire and smoke. However, he could faintly make out the shape of the room. There was a staircase, leading to three large statues. He walked up the stairs, and followed a path to a door, which moved aside as he walked through.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Inside the room, he saw a pillar, and what looked like a scarecrow enveloped in flame dancing around it. He ran to attack it, but he was thrown back by a blast of fire.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Suddenly, the Mirror of Order vibrated eerily on its own. It scared Link, as it was doing this of its own will. And then, from it, he heard Ethan’s voice as if he stood beside him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Hello, Link!” the voice said, “It’s me again! Remember how I can speak to you through the mirror? Well, now I am. You need to blast away the Flare Dancer’s clothes first…”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The voice stopped, and Link was left in wonder and awe. Ethan was dead! How could he speak to Link?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]His musings were interrupted by the Flare Dancer, which flew at him. He dived out of the way, and grabbed another bomb from Ethan’s bag. He threw it, and the Flare Dancer’s fire vanished. Link stabbed it with his sword, and it vanished in black smoke. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
A chest appeared. He opened it, and inside he found a hammer. He grabbed it, and his reflex rushed over him again. The megaton hammer was held high in the air, floating above his hands.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link moved to the next room, shaking off that feeling of no control from his body. In the next room, he saw a key, which he picked up. It was purple and red, surrounded by gold plating. He held it in the air, and he knew it was a key that would open the “boss door”, whatever that meant.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Suddenly, the floor started to disappear. It left behind small platforms. Below them was a large pool of magma, bubbling menacingly at Link.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The door behind him was blocked off by a line of metal bars. He couldn’t escape. A large, lizard-like creature, clad in armor, suddenly jumped from the ceiling, being followed by two others. They jumped from pedestal to pedestal, closing in on Link.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Mirror of Order vibrated once more in Link’s inventory.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“Well, it appears you’ve run across some lizalfos. Use zee hammer…” Ethan’s voice said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link pulled out the hammer, looking at the lizalfos closest to him. As it came close to him, he swung the hammer horizontally at the monster. The collision propelled the creature away, so that it hit a distant wall and burst into black smoke.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link then went after the other two. He ran at them, hammer held high, and when it collided with them they crumpled and vanished. When all the lizalfos had been defeated, the door on the other side of the room opened. Link walked through it into a long hallway.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
At the end of the hall, he saw the door. It was large, unlike anything he had seen before. It was covered from top to bottom in chains, constraining it. In the center, there was a huge lock, decoratively carved to resemble an eye. He looked at the key he had picked up, remembering that it was able to open what it had called “the boss door”.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link threw the key at the door, and it somehow flew directly into the lock. It turned on its own, by magic, and the chains fell with a resounding crash. The door started to move aside, and Link entered the room.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Inside the room, there was a series of holes in the ground. Link pulled out his megaton hammer, preparing to attack the boss. The Mirror of Order started vibrating again.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“So, you’ve finally made it to zee boss room! Congratulations!” Ethan’s voice said. “Now, all you have to do is beat zee boss. Good luck…”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Link asked himself the same questions, over and over again. How was Ethan able to speak if he was dead? How? How?!
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The room started to shake violently, as if there was an earthquake. Out of one of the holes, a head popped out. It was a lizard-like face, with a head apparently made of rock. It looked quite docile. Link walked toward it, hammer in hand, and it gave a deafening call that seemed to melt away his own courage. He raised his hammer, and the monster flew into the air. It was completely on fire, burning endlessly, snaking its way through the air around Link.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Suddenly, it turned toward Link and shot a stream of fire at him. His shield blocked it, but he could feel its heat. And then, quite ominously, the lava that was surrounding the arena where he fought the dragon, which he knew to be Volvagia, started to rise, very slowly. He knew the moment it started to happen that it would kill him if it touched him, and was starting to worry if he could defeat Volvagia fast enough.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He jumped into the air with his megaton hammer, building up all his energy. Then, at the top of his arc, he threw the megaton hammer so that it collided with Volvagia’s head. It screeched in pain, and its fire was put out. Volvagia collided with the ground, defeated. It solidified, slowly being consumed in rock. Then, it vanished in a burst of black smoke, as a victory song seemed to play in Link’s ears. The lava suddenly cooled, and stopped rising.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
On the ground, he saw an object in the shape of a heart. He picked it up, and the grasping reflex possessed him again. He held the “Heart Container” in the air, floating. It told him how his life energy had increased. A door opened on the other side of the chamber. Link walked to the door, opened it, and entered the room.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Inside the room, he saw a pedestal. Upon the pedestal, he saw a golden chunk, floating in the air. Link grabbed it, and his grasping reflex kicked in again. He had obtained a piece of the Triforce of Courage.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Something red suddenly flew from out of nowhere, brandishing a sword at Link. Link skillfully disarmed the man with a wave of his sword, and the man stopped. He was dressed completely in red, with a long white beard.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“I have been told…” said the Old Man’s frail voice, “…to protect that with my life. You cannot stop me with a mere sword and shield. Now, you must die!”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Old Man pointed the palm of his hand at Link. Fire shot from the hand, barely blocked by Link’s shield. Link fired a sword beam at the man, who fell over backward. Link put his sword to the man’s neck.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In Hyrule Castle, Anemos sat and pondered his next move. He felt the piece of the Triforce of Courage leave its resting place, and sang to the room.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
“The trap has been set, and waits for its prey…”
[/FONT]

Last edited:

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
Wow From the chapters you have done in the story it is really cool! Very nice Detail, and everything. Great job, keep on writing im working on my story right now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom