• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Does the Word "Minish" Come From?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It occurred to me that the word "diminish" sounds a but like "The Minish". Also, the Minish are tiny creatures, and the word diminish measn to become smaller, and that is also what the Minish Cap does.

So what do you guys think, does it come from the word "Diminish" or is it pure coincidence?

Last edited:

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well in the dictionary the word Minish means "to diminish or lessen". Since diminish relates to small you get an idea. Also I think the word "mini" is also a possible explanation. The Minish therefore would be "minies" therefore creating the name minish.

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
ghosi hit the nail on the head. All of the possibilities mentioned are not just pure coincidence, game developers are smart people. I learned that from personal experience lol.

as Ghosi said, minish comes from Mini, meaning small. also, ish means to have the qualities or characteristics of. so minish means to have the characteristic of smallness. minish= small characteristic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom