• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Do YOU Place Minish Cap in the Zelda Time Line?

Minish Cap-Where do you put it?

• Before Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adult Time Line

• Child TIme Line

• Total voters
The interview was conducted TWO DAYS after a new FS Zelda was announced which would later become known as TMC.

Actually, the interview was conducted in March; two months before TMC was announced. The interview was just held back for two months because of an information embargo.

Since this interview’s embargo was lifted today, we can finally share it with you. Realize that back in March when this interview was conducted we were unaware that The Wind Waker 2 was actually the new “mature” Legend of Zelda title that we were teased with at during E3.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Two months before TMC was announced yes - but there had been rumours going around about the development of a new Zelda game previously. Regardless, I concede that I'm wrong about that. HOWEVER, Aonuma was not involved with the production of FS - he is with the production of SS. I trust him fully on his recent quote.

Edit: No, TMC started production in 2001, but was shelved while Nintendo worked on FS. I'm still in belief that TMC was the "oldest tale."

Edit edit: The "first" interview was conducted March 2004 (though published in May 2004), and TMC was announced February 2003 - it didn't have a name until April 2004, so it's very likely that the interview was talking about TMC instead of FS (hence, "GBA FS" instead of simply "FS".)

At any rate, here's the website that announces TMC: http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/387/387029p1.html

Last edited:
H

handheldgamer14

I place Minish Cap after the Four Swords games, and at the end of my timeline.
Just after the end credits, a stained glass picture of Link and the elements says that
"But surely, this is not the end of Zelda and Link's adventures in Hyrule." "The legend will continue..." "...as long as the power of the light force echoes throughout the ages". I don't think it can go before Ocarina of Time, so I place it in the Adult Timeline in the old Hyrule after the water recedes and the people move off the mountain islands and onto the old, destroyed land.
Then again, I don't know if a Zelda game can come after Minish Cap because the monsters disappear with Zelda's wish on Ezlo's magical cap(which looks like the gnat hat in Four Swords, but we know fell apart after the wish).
I do not think Vaati in MC is the vaati in FS(a). Based on the Manga, the theory isn't unprecedented, even in Japan.

Pinecove

Last Chance
^Proof for the water receding?
Also Manga isn't Canon. Occam's Razor suggests that the vaati from TMC is the same as the one from FS. Not only that, but it's silly to assume that there would be ANOTHER Vaati who happens to look exactly the same, etc...

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
Hey, what about MC occuring before SS? I just thought that... Hyrule certainly existed even if nobody from Skyloft had came down yet. (if we consider that the beings living in the sky are the Ooccas, which people went to the sky at the same moment the Hylian people was born.)

I don't know but...that Light Force, couldn't it be the 'Triforce of Light', the lost part of the Triforce (if there is)?
And that Triforce of Light, couldn't it have become the jewel of the Master Sword?

MrLuigi

Theorist
I would think Minish Cap would go in the far future of the child time line. In the adult time line, what is speculated to be the farthest in the time line is Spirit Tracks, which in that game I found the legend of the Triforce to have died out.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I would think Minish Cap would go in the far future of the child time line. In the adult time line, what is speculated to be the farthest in the time line is Spirit Tracks, which in that game I found the legend of the Triforce to have died out.

TMC doesn't have the Triforce in it though...Also there's no proof to place it on the child timeline.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Also what supports FS and FSA being after TP? No evidence points to them being there.

FSA and ALTTP have very similar map designs leading most to think that they take place relatively within a certain amount of time that allows for Hyrule to be pretty much unchanged which also leads some to put ALTTP after FSA when taking into consideration the GBA version of ALTTP having the Palace of the Four Sword.

Because of the Palace of the Four Sword being in ALTTP some think that at the end of FSA, Ganon was sealed in the Four Sword and the Palace in ALTTP shows that somehow, Ganon escaped his seal and the Palace is whats left of his prison. If you agree on all of this then you would agree that FSA goes before ALTTP. If it goes before ALTTP then it has to either go after WW/PH/ST or it has to go after TP.

The reason I would say it would go after TP is because of the progression of the placement of the Master Sword.

In OoT the Master Sword is in the Temple of Time.
In TP the Master Sword is in the ruins of the Tempe of Time and the Lost Woods are clearly spreading to that area.
In ALTTP the Master Sword is in the Lost Woods.

With all of that information it's perfectly clear that there is substantial evidence to place FS/FSA after TP.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In TP the Master Sword is in the ruins of the Tempe of Time and the Lost Woods are clearly spreading to that area.
In ALTTP the Master Sword is in the Lost Woods.

With all of that information it's perfectly clear that there is substantial evidence to place FS/FSA after TP.
In WW, the Master Sword is in Hyrule Castle (which I believe to be a remodelled ToT), then lost in the sea.
In LttP's BS, the Master Sword is lost.
In LttP, the MS is found in the Lost Woods.

This progression works just as well, and does a better job of incorporating LttP's BS, as TP shows the re-discovery of the MS.
I'm still in the process of deciding where I put LttP, but I probably won't be using MS progression in my argument because it can work both ways.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I'm wondering if MC would be placed before LttP... but not connected to OoT. Although that would require SS splitting the timeline further, I'd imagine, and that kind of thinking just gets messy.

I would place MC before OoT...(as I voted on this pole) But I also believe that the MC does not appeal to the timeline.
Other then it is just a side quest like the OoS, and OoA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom