• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When Will They Stop Making Wii Games?

Probobly when the Wii U comes out. There might be a couple stray Wii games (non-exclusive), but when the Wii U hits shelves the Wii will be mostly obsolete.

I think that Wii games will stop being released around June or July of 2012, mainly because he Wii U should be out by then, and the Wii will officially be outdated.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
After the Wii U comes out. By then, the Wii will be yesterday's console, and there will be some games coming out on it, but Skyward Sword will be the last epic game to come to the Wii. There might be a few, but I don't know, within a few years after the Wii U comes out, the Wii will officially become outdated. This makes me sad.

Nintendo will stop making Wii games altogether. However, 3rd party developers will probebly continue to make games (including rubbish ones like Carnival Games) for a year or so.

The Gamecube was dropped pretty quickly, but it seems like the DS is taking its merry old time to die. I suspect that the Wii will be dropped by Nintendo once the Wii U comes out. (Unless they feel the need to localize or finish a few in-productions titles.) As for 3rd Parties, I give them about a year until the Wii is completely dead.

Fun Fact: The last SNES game released was in 2000.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, like any system of the past it will probably die off sometime after the Wii U's release. I'm sure nothing too major will come out, maybe just some ports and games that never finished development before the release of the Wii U.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The Gamecube was dropped pretty quickly, but it seems like the DS is taking its merry old time to die. I suspect that the Wii will be dropped by Nintendo once the Wii U comes out. (Unless they feel the need to localize or finish a few in-productions titles.) As for 3rd Parties, I give them about a year until the Wii is completely dead.

Fun Fact: The last SNES game released was in 2000.

Yes, the SNES had immense support for a good decade! Nintendo's glory days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom