• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild When the Zelda Game for Wii U Comes Out, Will It Be Another Remake?

It's highly doubtful that a remake will appear on the Wii U since A. No remakes have appeared on the Wii U at all and I hope it stays that way and B. So far no one has said what Zelda Remakes they want on the Wii U, it's all been directed at the 3DS where remakes should belong respectfully. I wouldn't worry about Remakes being on the Wii U; I think it's very unlikely since Nintendo want to focus more on new stuff for the Wii U instead of focusing on the past.

When remakes happen they'll appear on the 3DS. ALttP and MM have already been considered by nintendo following the 'original' title that is said to appear before any remakes come to light (this 'original' title will probably end up being ALttP2 since they wanted to do that too) but as far as the WiiU goes they'll need to rope in the gaming community and they wouldnt be able to do that with something everyone has seen before so an original is very much on the cards, though as far as remakes and home consoles go in general i don't think one will ever happen.

The only thing I can say about this is: IT BETTER EFFING NOT BE A REMAKE OR SO HELP ME SATAN I WILL RAIN DOWN A FIERY HELLSTORM OF MANIFESTED HATRED UPON NINTENDO UNTIL THEY BEG ME TO DELIVER UNTO THEM THE SWEET MERCIFUL EMBRACE OF DEATH!

Because, you know, it'd suck to wait all this time for a freaking remake.

:I

Deeds

no text
Yeah, I doubt it'll be another remake. For a completely new console, they need a completely new game. 3DS was different, seeing as all they had to do was remaster OoT with 3D Capabilities. Regardless, I hope it isn't a remake - I just want remakes on the 3DS.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I highly doubt it, Nintendo has to eat a lot of mushrooms in order to make a remake of a previous Zelda game for a brand new console before actually releasing a new title.
Will they ever release a remake/re release for the Wii U?
Possibly, but it will most definitely come after the latest Zelda title.

Agree with these guys, Wii U first Zelda won't be a remake. I do hope Wii U gets remakes though, I really hate playing long games on portables. I loved OoT but I just can't play the 3DS version, playing for hours on that small screen is just awful, I just wish more remake won't go to waist such as that one.

EDIT: btw, why do you people think 3DS is better for remakes? Even If you like playing on 3DS It just doesn't make sense that you preffer playing on It rather than playing on a big Full HD TV with better graphics and better controllers

EDIT: btw, why do you people think 3DS is better for remakes? Even If you like playing on 3DS It just doesn't make sense that you preffer playing on It rather than playing on a big Full HD TV with better graphics and better controllers

Ugh, why is it always about the visuals and the controls? It's not about the HD Graphics and the better controls, It's just because the Wii U is brand new and we want and expect to see brand new stuff for it. Plus since the 3DS already has remakes since day one of it's release, they might as well keep making them on the 3DS and leave the Wii U to make the completely brand new stuff. Not that the 3DS should just make remakes, oh god no! but I'll be a little disappointed if a remake appeared on the Wii U since as I said, we expect brand new games from a Brand new console.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's incredibly unlikely for Zelda U to be a remake; the Wii U has absolutely no remakes (bar New Super Mario Bros. U, of course. :rolleyes:) and I do not think it is in Nintendo's interest to make any remakes for the U. In fact, the Wii U has PORTS of games (Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, NBA 2K13 etc), but no remakes to my knowledge. Besides, Nintendo may want to capitalize on the fact that Skyward Sword was such a strong title for its first year, so making a brand new title could see exponentially greater success! xD

Ugh, why is it always about the visuals and the controls? It's not about the HD Graphics and the better controls, It's just because the Wii U is brand new and we want and expect to see brand new stuff for it. Plus since the 3DS already has remakes since day one of it's release, they might as well keep making them on the 3DS and leave the Wii U to make the completely brand new stuff. Not that the 3DS should just make remakes, oh god no! but I'll be a little disappointed if a remake appeared on the Wii U since as I said, we expect brand new games from a Brand new console.
Visuals and controls are part of the experience, but that's not only It, portables are very uncomfortable for some people, I just can't get used to them. If you have to choose between playing the same game on 3DS with It's tiny screen screen and small buttons or on Wii U on a 55 LED/Plasma TV with proper controller, which one would you choose? It's pretty obvious. You're pretty much contradicting yourself. You pretty much said that It's okay for 3DS to get more remakes because It's been getting them since It was brand new, while being brand new is a reason for Wii U to not get remakes... what?

Anyway, 3DS got enough remakes, I see no harm in Wii U getting some. Proper remakes don't feel like the same game anyway, they usually enhance the experience by providing better graphics, new features, updated gameplay, etc... They're also less time consuming to make, which is good for Nintendo.

If you have to choose between playing the same game on 3DS with It's tiny screen screen and small buttons or on Wii U on a 55 LED/Plasma TV with proper controller, which one would you choose?

Who cares? They both do the same thing which is play video games. Yeah you may get a better experience with the Wii U, but at the end of the day does that really matter as long as you are enjoying yourself when you play these games? I don't think it does. You may criticize about how I play games, but I don't care about the ergonomics of a Console.

You're pretty much contradicting yourself. You pretty much said that It's okay for 3DS to get more remakes because It's been getting them since It was brand new, while being brand new is a reason for Wii U to not get remakes... what?

When the 3DS was announced, remakes were announced along with it e.g Ocarina of Time 3D, Starfox 64 3D etc.. The Wii U was announced but the best we got were ports of third Party games. that kinda hints that Nintendo may not plan to bring remakes to the Wii U, so I'm not contradicting myself you are just looking at it the wrong way.

Even If you like playing on 3DS It just doesn't make sense that you prefer playing on It rather than playing on a big Full HD TV with better graphics and better controllers

Why doesn't it make sense that people prefer playing on the 3DS then the Wii U? Not everyone will like the Wii U and not everyone will feel ready to change consoles, there's no denying that and if they prefer playing on the 3DS then the Wii U that's completely fine. What's wrong with that? You may be ready to go to the next level, but others aren't so that's kinda wrong to say.

Last edited:

Keeseman

Smash is Life
There will be a remake of Ocarina of Time for the Wii U. It is easy to know this, as we can predict from a certain trend:

1. A remake was made for the GameCube (Wind Waker),
2. Another remake was made for the GameCube, which was later re-released for the Wii (Twilight Princess),
3. A remake has been recently made for the Wii (Skyward Sword),
4. They literally made a remake for the 3DS.

I'm not expecting anything much different for the Wii U.

But whatever this "original" title is for the Wii U, I'm hoping it will be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the fact that OoT was remade 3 times (even though I'd argue that aLttP was remade in 3D as OoT, but I digress). However, it would be nice to see some innovation for this title.

I'm definitely expecting Ganondorf, unfortunately. Again, I don't mind Ganon, but he isn't a very deep badguy, because he's like LotR's Sauron; no conviction, no possible good side, and just wants total domination/destruction. If they could make him more interesting in this title, however, that would be awesome.

So, yeah, it'll likely be like OoT. That's pretty much what's going to happen, but hopefully Nintendo will avoid a repeat in this trend.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't mind the fact that OoT was remade 3 times (even though I'd argue that aLttP was remade in 3D as OoT, but I digress).

Ocarina of Time was ported like three times (GC Collector's Edition, GC OoT/MQ combo, Wii VC), but remade only once (OoT3D for 3DS). ;)

I also wouldn't label TWW, TP or SS as remakes; they're actually standalone, creative entries in the Zelda series. It might be a remake of the original formula or insight that the first gmae (LoZ) brought to the table, but they aren't strictly remakes of past games. ;)

Who cares? They both do the same thing which is play video games. Yeah you may get a better experience with the Wii U, but at the end of the day does that really matter as long as you are enjoying yourself when you play these games? I don't think it does. You may criticize about how I play games, but I don't care about the ergonomics of a Console.
A little improvement is still a little improvement. A Wii U remake could be potentially better (from a technical point of view, not opinion). In general, I highly believe most players would find It more comfortable to play on a console than on a portable, which is one of the reasons I'd support remakes on Wii U. I also can't get used to 3DS tiny screen, another reason for me to want that. Btw, you have to understand the things I say here are my opinion, not me criticizing how you play games, don't take things personal.

When the 3DS was announced, remakes were announced along with it e.g Ocarina of Time 3D, Starfox 64 3D etc.. The Wii U was announced but the best we got were ports of third Party games. that kinda hints that Nintendo may not plan to bring remakes to the Wii U, so I'm not contradicting myself you are just looking at it the wrong way.
I'd say the remakes were actually there because of lack of games in the beggining of 3DS life, Nintendo was desperate to expand the library fast and remakes were cheaper to make with shorter development time. Wii U on the other hand was better planned and was released with a decent amount of games. So yeah, that's not a hint, It probably means nothing.

Why doesn't it make sense that people prefer playing on the 3DS then the Wii U? Not everyone will like the Wii U and not everyone will feel ready to change consoles, there's no denying that and if they prefer playing on the 3DS then the Wii U that's completely fine. What's wrong with that? You may be ready to go to the next level, but others aren't so that's kinda wrong to say.
If we go by that, Nintendo should make a 3DS version of ZombiU, because you know, people prefer playing on the 3DS and not Wii U. As for not being ready to "go to the next level", sorry, but that doesn't make much sense either. Following that logic Nintendo should still release Wii games because some people aren't ready to "go to the next level". At some point you have to face the fact that the new gen is there and unless you're ready to miss out new games you'll have to get It, not being ready isn't a good excuse for Nintendo to still release games for older consoles. Same goes for 3DS and Wii U, If you don't buy both you'll be missing games.

While some of my post was opinion, a part of It wasn't so much. Such as 3DS getting enough remakes, that's more like a fact. Remakes can do a amazing job at increasing the games library and make decent profit while also saving up cash due to cheaper and shorter development time, I see no reason for that to not be used on Wii U. A few remakes now and then for both 3DS and Wii U would be best, since 3DS already got OoT 3D, I see no harm on Wii U getting MM remake for example, that's what my post was about, I just can't find a decent reason for someone to not support remakes on Wii U.

EDIT:
There will be a remake of Ocarina of Time for the Wii U. It is easy to know this, as we can predict from a certain trend:

2. Another remake was made for the GameCube, which was later re-released for the Wii (Twilight Princess),
What Ventus said. I really think OoT will have Wii U port though, Nintendo really loves milking that game.

Last edited:
A little improvement is still a little improvement. A Wii U remake could be potentially better (from a technical point of view, not opinion). In general, I highly believe most players would find It more comfortable to play on a console than on a portable, which is one of the reasons I'd support remakes on Wii U. I also can't get used to 3DS tiny screen, another reason for me to want that.

What do you expect? The Wii U is much more powerful and can do more things then the 3DS so of course people will get a better experience.The thing is though, I haven't came across one game people really want remade on the Wii U, they've all been talking about wanting new games, not remakes. Alright, some people want Majora's Mask on the Wii U but that's not gonna happen since alot of people and Operation Moonfall want to see it on the 3DS.

I'd say the remakes were actually there because of lack of games in the beggining of 3DS life, Nintendo was desperate to expand the library fast and remakes were cheaper to make with shorter development time. Wii U on the other hand was better planned and was released with a decent amount of games. So yeah, that's not a hint, It probably means nothing.

That's false. The 3DS had alot of games planned for it's debut, the problem was that half of the games they wanted on release like Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 were not quite finished so they were forced to delay those games, they didn't make loads of remakes to compensate for that. They planned the 3DS carefully, but most of their games didn't meet deadlines for some odd reason. And alot of those games were original titles and only a couple of remakes.

EDIT:

What Ventus said

Ventus didn't actually say that... That was Keeseman...

Now I would like to go into more detail, but this argument is getting nowhere and is going off topic, so I think it's best to end it there before it gets out of hand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom