• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When did sonic start sucking?

I want Sega to stop producing another sonic game. I want them to give the franchise a break for a while and get them out of their comfort zone and try to bring back their other franchises, such as Vector-man, Nights, Street of Rage and many more.

It's obvious they have no clue what to do with the series anymore. The Boost gameplay worked, but they just had to scrap it just for the parkour. Sonic only works in 2D, but ever since Sonic 4, they can't even go back to 2D either. I'm not gonna mention Runners because it doesn't count as a 2D Sonic game.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Sonic only works in 2D- Colors and the daytime sections of Unleashed prove otherwise- it's just they need to find the right formula.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ever since Sega stopped incorporating Crush 40 tunes into the games. Colors still had a pretty awesome soundtrack plus the couple of vocal themes--Generations definitely rocked--but the series started going downhill musically with Lost World and possibly Sonic Boom, too.

And the gameplay has never really stood out to me, especially with the 3D titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom