• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

When and How Will Link Get the Skyward Sword?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
According to E3, if that demo area IS some random early stages of Hyrule that you get to first, when will Link get the Skyward Sword? Plus I'm kinda thinking the sword gonna be in some forest area or temple in Skyloft.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I think it will be obtained in some Temple of Time-like place in Skyloft either right at the start of the game or after the first temple. Maybe you defeat the first temple completely swordless (Using a slingshot or whatever as your only weapon), defeat the boss, and then some big stone door or something opens and reveals the Skyward Sword in it's pedestal, the humanish form of the Skyward Sword tells Link his destiny etc etc and that she was sealed away deep in the temple after *insert baddie's name here*'s armies took over the temple or something to try and get to her, but the sages or protectors or something saved her by placing the giant magical door there. I think that would be pretty cool.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
maybe, but I don't think there are large structures at Skyloft.

I think he'll find the Skyword Sword in a Sort of altar (of time) somewhere hidden in a forest part of the Island, and he has to go back to that place everytime he finished a dungeon

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I think Link will be given the Skyward Sword by the protector/ruler of Skyward who may/may not know the nature of his quest.

Other than that, I predict that he could find it or a sage gives it to him, entrusting it only to the chosen hero. Soon afterwhich, Link will be shocked to discover that the sword is alive. (however humorous/shocking that will be for us/link :P)

AaronX

One who sits
I like SheikahWarrior's Idea, but what if he's the son of a Smith in Skyloft, and his sister dies in the making of this sword, and so his dad gives him the sword to go bury the sword somewhere, but he falls down to Hyrule, and it knocks his sister's spirit/ghost/whatever out of the sword, and they have to find a way to get back to Skyloft together?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
According to E3, if that demo area IS some random early stages of Hyrule that you get to first, when will Link get the Skyward Sword? Plus I'm kinda thinking the sword gonna be in some forest area or temple in Skyloft.

The level at E3 was confirmed to be a sandbox created specifically for E3 to showcase occasional bits and pieces of gameplay. The area shown is not an actual location in the game, nor will a person have all those items early on in the game. Again, it's not a real portion of the actual game, it's just a bunch of individual features mashed together.

I imagine Link will obtain the Skyward Sword after the 3rd dungeon and would have just finished doing an important task. Essentially, I figure it is going to be the "L-2" sword.

The level at E3 was confirmed to be a sandbox created specifically for E3 to showcase occasional bits and pieces of gameplay. The area shown is not an actual location in the game, nor will a person have all those items early on in the game. Again, it's not a real portion of the actual game, it's just a bunch of individual features mashed together.

I imagine Link will obtain the Skyward Sword after the 3rd dungeon and would have just finished doing an important task. Essentially, I figure it is going to be the "L-2" sword.
First paragraph is basically correct. They've implied it's built out of pieces of things that will be in the game, but that area itself will not be the same. It was a demo area, for sure.

As for what you said about the Skyward Sword, that's not true. We've already gotten confirmation that the REASON Link heads down from Skyloft is some event, which is supposed to be the Skyward Sword itself. The sword is also the thing that lets Link travel between the two lands to begin with. So it's definitely acquired at the beginning.

As for how you get it, well. It's the SKYWARD Sword. It might not be found rather than bestowed upon Link. I'm not sure, but somehow I don't think this time Link is going to find it in some old temple, even though there are going to be dungeons in Skyloft.

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
He probably starts out with it at the very beginning of the game. Or, if not the very beginning, the first time he goes down to Hyrule.

I imagine him not seeing bringing the sword as a very big deal, as if the sword is a common sight in Skyloft, and not some ancient artifact of theirs.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I had this idea/feeling that Link would discover the sword deep within the floating island of Skyloft. Like in a cave/temple were Link pulls out the sword and has to fight his way back out of the cave. But I'm probably so wrong it's not even funny. The Skyward Sword is most likely found very early on in the game. It would be neat if the SS was on a pedestal out in the open in Link's home village/town, and that one day danger comes and Link draws the sword in front of everyone to defend his friends. that would be epicness.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Cool! nice opinions! keep posting your thoughts! sorry for any mistakes, when I mean E3 early stages, I meant like when you first go to Hyrule or something like that. I believe Link will obtain the sword in Skyloft or the spirit of the sword beckons him to go or some valuable/lost (valuable???) friend gets....lost. Yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom